Photo
- - - - -

The Final Season of Dexter starts tonight?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Anyone else excited? Last season was a real return to form after a couple of less than stellar outings.From this season all I want is for the world to know who Dexter really is and for there to be a manhunt. If that happens I'll be happy. Still sad to see my favorite show ending though.

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

I feel like this is a funeral I'm attending....

#3 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

I did not like the way last season ended, but did like the season as a whole better than 5-6.  Still not even close to the first two or ever 3-4 in my opinion.

I too hope that there is some sort of manhunt and really think that having him caught, followed by an actual trial would be intriguing.  I have a bad feeling that it will end up with him and Hannah in Argentina or whatever.

#4 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

I did not like the way last season ended, but did like the season as a whole better than 5-6.  Still not even close to the first two or ever 3-4 in my opinion.

I too hope that there is some sort of manhunt and really think that having him caught, followed by an actual trial would be intriguing.  I have a bad feeling that it will end up with him and Hannah in Argentina or whatever.

I'd actually prefer a happy ending for Dexter. Until last season he really was never a bad guy in my opinion. If I could choose an ending it would be all of Miami Metro finding out who Dexter is. Learning that they've been working with what would end up being the most wanted criminal in the country. But after a manhunt Dexter would eventually escape. 

Sadly though, I really don't think my vision is going to happen. I was wanting something similar to the Boston bombing suspect hunt but from everything I've seen that won't happen.

#5 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'd actually prefer a happy ending for Dexter. Until last season he really was never a bad guy in my opinion. If I could choose an ending it would be all of Miami Metro finding out who Dexter is. Learning that they've been working with what would end up being the most wanted criminal in the country. But after a manhunt Dexter would eventually escape. 

Sadly though, I really don't think my vision is going to happen. I was wanting something similar to the Boston bombing suspect hunt but from everything I've seen that won't happen.

I have honestly not read anything to this point.  The inside the city manhunt would definitely be interesting with the Boston Marathon fresh in everybody's mind.

The thing I think would be interesting about a trial is having him attempt to defend what he did along with how the public would react knowing there was a monster out there killing the monsters our justice system failed to stop.

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

So this is going to be interesting....

Dexter is pretty much fuged imo.  He dies, Deb ends up raising Harrison, who like Dexter was born in blood (Rita).  Leaves it open down the line when people want another show like it to possibly do one revolving around Harrison....

#7 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Vogel is going to be a interesting character.

#8 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

This is my favorite series. I absolutely love this show and am sad this is the final season. Very intriguing first episode.

#9 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

Vogel went in the complete opposite direction of what I was expecting. I was thinking she'd realize she had built a monster and had come back to end him.

#10 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Great first episode.

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,967 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

I actually have a feeling that Vogel has knew about Dexter for a long time.  It wouldn't surprise me if Harry knew her, and consulted her years back on what was going on with Dexter.  It's possibly SHE is the one who explained to him what was going to happen and the best way to deal with him, by giving him a code and taking out bad people.  She knew before going into that meeting who Dex is, so I'm assuming she's been following his "career" overseas for a while.  Now she has a former patient on the loose with no code and needs Dexter to help out.

#12 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

So I don't know about you guys, but I think Vogel ends up being the killer.

#13 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

So I don't know about you guys, but I think Vogel ends up being the killer.

I think she will somehow be the one to bring him down.

#14 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,967 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

So for once I got lucky on guessing what's going on.  And yes, I think she's the one killing these people and Dexter is just part of an experiment, or to put a final chapter on a life-long experiment or something.  

#15 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I definitely don't think Vogel is just some innocent old lady. Her being the killer would be a bit too obvious though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com