Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Final Season of Dexter starts tonight?

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I don't know about you guys, but I think Vogel ends up being the killer.

I think she will somehow be the one to bring him down.

Posted · Report post

So for once I got lucky on guessing what's going on.  And yes, I think she's the one killing these people and Dexter is just part of an experiment, or to put a final chapter on a life-long experiment or something.  

Posted · Report post

I definitely don't think Vogel is just some innocent old lady. Her being the killer would be a bit too obvious though.

Posted · Report post

I actually have a feeling that Vogel has knew about Dexter for a long time.  It wouldn't surprise me if Harry knew her, and consulted her years back on what was going on with Dexter.  It's possibly SHE is the one who explained to him what was going to happen and the best way to deal with him, by giving him a code and taking out bad people.  She knew before going into that meeting who Dex is, so I'm assuming she's been following his "career" overseas for a while.  Now she has a former patient on the loose with no code and needs Dexter to help out.

Good call, lol

Posted · Report post

Another good episode last night.  Things with Vogel look like they could be coming to a spectacular collision, but this series always has 1 or 10 twists each season so we will see what happens.  Also Deb's character is amazing this season as far as I'm concerned.  Keep doing what you're doing Jennifer Carpenter, you make an awesome substance abusing slightly crazy chick losing her grip on reality.....

Posted · Report post

Really just feels like they are just "going through the motions".

I hate this Deb.

The whole plot seems to be going in the direction of revealing that Dex was never a true psychopath but rather a creation of Vogel as some sort of crime fighting "super hero".  A final judge for those who slipped through the cracks or managed to evade justice altogether.  Through his "love" of Deb we are going to discover that he does have empathy and is capable of "normal" behavior.

Its turning our anti-hero into a victim and I for one hate it.  Dex is/was at his best when he was a barley controlled monster much like the original Riddick was best when he was just a psychotic killer.

Posted · Report post

Really just feels like they are just "going through the motions".

I hate this Deb.

The whole plot seems to be going in the direction of revealing that Dex was never a true psychopath but rather a creation of Vogel as some sort of crime fighting "super hero".  A final judge for those who slipped through the cracks or managed to evade justice altogether.  Through his "love" of Deb we are going to discover that he does have empathy and is capable of "normal" behavior.

Its turning our anti-hero into a victim and I for one hate it.  Dex is/was at his best when he was a barley controlled monster much like the original Riddick was best when he was just a psychotic killer.

I think the seeds of Dexter not being an actual Psychopath have always been there through out the entire show and now they’re paying them off. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end the show with his newly found humanity costing him everything

Posted · Report post

You know, I'm kind of ready for this show to end.

There's just nothing left to do.  

Posted · Report post

In my opinion this season has been massively disappointing so far. It doesn't even feel like the end, they're reusing old plotlines, and they're wasting time on things that no one cares about.

Posted · Report post

Im not going to say its bad, but its far from even mediocre. And with Breakiing Bad returning next week I dont know that Dexter is compelling enough to make the cut for what gets on the DVR.

You get the sense watching it that no one involved in the production gave a damn.

Posted · Report post

Yeah it's not but it's just disappointing to me. It seems like they took the most boring possible path to the end.  Nothing really feels final about this season either. It basically just feels like the same old thing. Hell, so far it honestly feels more like fan fiction than it does Dexter to me. I'm keeping faith though that they'll turn things about and the actual ending will be intense. 

Everyone wanted an ending where everything came crashing down around Dexter but so far all we're getting is basically a parody of itself. 

Posted · Report post

I feel like they’re making a point to explore all of Dexters humanity but at times its come at the cost of entertainment.