Photo
- - - - -

The Final Season of Dexter starts tonight?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I actually have a feeling that Vogel has knew about Dexter for a long time.  It wouldn't surprise me if Harry knew her, and consulted her years back on what was going on with Dexter.  It's possibly SHE is the one who explained to him what was going to happen and the best way to deal with him, by giving him a code and taking out bad people.  She knew before going into that meeting who Dex is, so I'm assuming she's been following his "career" overseas for a while.  Now she has a former patient on the loose with no code and needs Dexter to help out.

Good call, lol

#17 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Another good episode last night.  Things with Vogel look like they could be coming to a spectacular collision, but this series always has 1 or 10 twists each season so we will see what happens.  Also Deb's character is amazing this season as far as I'm concerned.  Keep doing what you're doing Jennifer Carpenter, you make an awesome substance abusing slightly crazy chick losing her grip on reality.....

#18 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Really just feels like they are just "going through the motions".

I hate this Deb.

The whole plot seems to be going in the direction of revealing that Dex was never a true psychopath but rather a creation of Vogel as some sort of crime fighting "super hero".  A final judge for those who slipped through the cracks or managed to evade justice altogether.  Through his "love" of Deb we are going to discover that he does have empathy and is capable of "normal" behavior.

Its turning our anti-hero into a victim and I for one hate it.  Dex is/was at his best when he was a barley controlled monster much like the original Riddick was best when he was just a psychotic killer.

#19 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Really just feels like they are just "going through the motions".

I hate this Deb.

The whole plot seems to be going in the direction of revealing that Dex was never a true psychopath but rather a creation of Vogel as some sort of crime fighting "super hero".  A final judge for those who slipped through the cracks or managed to evade justice altogether.  Through his "love" of Deb we are going to discover that he does have empathy and is capable of "normal" behavior.

Its turning our anti-hero into a victim and I for one hate it.  Dex is/was at his best when he was a barley controlled monster much like the original Riddick was best when he was just a psychotic killer.

I think the seeds of Dexter not being an actual Psychopath have always been there through out the entire show and now they’re paying them off. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end the show with his newly found humanity costing him everything

#20 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

You know, I'm kind of ready for this show to end.

There's just nothing left to do.  

#21 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

In my opinion this season has been massively disappointing so far. It doesn't even feel like the end, they're reusing old plotlines, and they're wasting time on things that no one cares about.

#22 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Im not going to say its bad, but its far from even mediocre. And with Breakiing Bad returning next week I dont know that Dexter is compelling enough to make the cut for what gets on the DVR.

You get the sense watching it that no one involved in the production gave a damn.

#23 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Yeah it's not but it's just disappointing to me. It seems like they took the most boring possible path to the end.  Nothing really feels final about this season either. It basically just feels like the same old thing. Hell, so far it honestly feels more like fan fiction than it does Dexter to me. I'm keeping faith though that they'll turn things about and the actual ending will be intense. 

Everyone wanted an ending where everything came crashing down around Dexter but so far all we're getting is basically a parody of itself. 

#24 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

I feel like they’re making a point to explore all of Dexters humanity but at times its come at the cost of entertainment.

#25 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

I read some stuff from a guy who is an insider and knows how the show ends. Apparently they're going in slow like this on purpose and by the time the end rolls around it's going to be crazy. Here's a direct quite from him

"You're going to have to scrape your brain matter off the ground. You're going to just sit there as the blood theme plays for the final time and then several minutes after wondering what the fug just happened. The ending will be iconic, and set the bar for series finales across the map."

That gives me hope at least. Since realistically the last few episodes is really all that matters. 

#26 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I read some stuff from a guy who is an insider and knows how the show ends. Apparently they're going in slow like this on purpose and by the time the end rolls around it's going to be crazy. Here's a direct quite from him

"You're going to have to scrape your brain matter off the ground. You're going to just sit there as the blood theme plays for the final time and then several minutes after wondering what the fug just happened. The ending will be iconic, and set the bar for series finales across the map."

That gives me hope at least. Since realistically the last few episodes is really all that matters. 

I've read so many different spoilers for the last episode. I don't know which one to believe. lol

#27 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

I've read so many different spoilers for the last episode. I don't know which one to believe. lol

I don't think that legit spoilers will leak for it. They've been known to keep things locked down tight when something big is going to happen. When Rita died they purposefully leaked fake spoilers just to throw everyone off.

#28 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

This season has been pretty terrible, honestly.  I don't get the feel of a show ending at all.  The only way to salvage this season IS a cool/crazy twist but even then, I'm not sure.   After season 4 I thought this show was going to reach the tier of best shows ever, sadly it's been down since.  Still watching because of investment though.

#29 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

This season has been pretty terrible, honestly.  I don't get the feel of a show ending at all.  The only way to salvage this season IS a cool/crazy twist but even then, I'm not sure.   After season 4 I thought this show was going to reach the tier of best shows ever, sadly it's been down since.  Still watching because of investment though.

Same here. I used to get EXCITED about Dexter but most of what has happened after season 4 has been disappointing. 

Season 5 - When it aired I defended this to no end. I still don't think that it's necessarily bad but I do think that it was a completely fuging retarded follow up to Rita's death. 

Season 6 - Again, it isn't bad  but it was really pointless in the grand scheme of things. Season 5 and 6 really should have just been combined together. The ending of this one was also completely ruined because of some asshole who made up spoilers. The fake ending was about 100x better than the real ending. 

Season 7 - I thought this one was a return to form and felt like classic Dexter. I pretty much liked everything about it and it should have been a perfect starting point for the finale.

I completely agree that this season just doesn't have a sense of finality to it. Instead of exploring new things they're retreading old ground again and it just isn't interesting. I really hope they can turn it around but so far from everything I've seen I'm doubting it. If everyone doesn't find out about who Dexter and he doesn't end up on the run I'm going to be pissed.

#30 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Last season should have been when he was busted, at the end of the season, or at least have people start questioning him as a possible suspect, and not crazy people but FBI/detectives.  This season should really be Dexter on the defensive/on the run.  

What I really wish happened was Dexter, after season 4, moves to a new city or even a new country and starts up his killings again.  Maybe somewhere like Chicago or somewhere with snow/new environment.   Eventually the FBI notices a pattern somehow and then the show goes crazy.  I'm just bored of Miami, and I'm bored of all the characters.  You could take Dexter and put him in another city with a new crew around him and I wouldn't miss anyone from this show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com