Photo
- - - - -

The Final Season of Dexter starts tonight?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm sort of glad to be done with this show.  I'm not sure they can do a "right" ending in just one episode.   I only see this ending like the spoilers above (please no) or the Harrison full-circle thing.

#47 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Seems like they’re setting everything to go wrong just as he’s so close to having it all type of ending.

Problem is they’ve been doing a bad job at making us care about the things he has to gain now.

#48 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I wouldn't really mind if Dexter gets all he wants and gets away. Why not?  

I just want him exposed to everyone, that would be awesome, but hopefully he's gone by then..

#49 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Dexter is a serial killer with god knows how many kills, yet, He could learn a lesson from Walter White...NO HALF MEASURES!!!

Breaking Bad is blowing Dexter out of the water for last season quality, but, I may not have ever seen an episode of television as good as the last Breaking Bad.

#50 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

This show got silly stupid this season.
No one even cares what is going on, that is why they should have ended it 2-3 season ago, when it was still on top

#51 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

The season after Trinity should have been the last.  Have it go crazy that season, and have him on the run, etc.

Or they could have had him move to another country or something like that and start a sort of new show, new characters, etc.  They instead kept recycling the same crap.  

#52 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

What a fuging terrible ending. Just awful.  It's one thing to BS around for the entire last season, but to literally end the series on THAT note is ridiculous....

#53 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

I don't hate the ending. It's a whole lot better than the supposed ending with Matthews. But I will say that the ending felt slopped together with no real sense of meaning. 

#54 DudeNamedJeremy

DudeNamedJeremy

That's what she said.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

I am speechless with how bad that was. Just...wow.

#55 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

I could have lived with it if he actually followed through with it, but whatever.  Dexter's glory way season 4 I think it was (trinity?). Since then it's been a lot of mediocre to bad episodes with a handful of good-great thrown in there....

#56 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

It was bad.  Only ending I would have liked would have been the happy ending, with Dexter with his family down in Argentina.  Instead, this was so silly I seen the hurricane thing coming a mile away.  Although I think Dexter continued his killing in his new place, I think that's what the final face/snap out of it was in the last scene.

#57 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

It’s not the worst series finale I’ve ever seen but it could have been so much better. The self-imposed exile really makes no sense

#58 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

The exile didn't bother me, i mean the series has been building that way for a while especially with Debs fate. That proved to Dexter his own toxicity and given his personal views as a character death or exile was the only option, he doesn't get the happy ending. What bothers me is the dark knight returns ending of escaping death. The ending could have been stronger, but when it started with all the cast thanking the fans I had a feeling something unepic was about to happen. All in all it didn't ruin the series for me so there is at least that.

Could the final season been better? sure, but it was far from terrible. And technically they could always bring the show back. I don't think they will or should but part of the fan in me will hold out hope.

#59 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

True, but I’ve always thought this toxicity comes from the fact Dexter tries to live in two worlds that conflict with one another. Being a serial killer while working with cops and wanting to be human always lead him to hurting the people he loves. Now in this season he finally “becomes human” and doesn’t have the desire to kill anymore so why exile himself? His problems which lead to him hurting others are gone.  

I don’t mind him punishing himself but the whole he has to do this to protect Hannah and Harrison I didn’t like because it didn’t make much sense to me.

#60 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

I wouldn't say this season was FAR from terrible, it was probably right in the middle of ok and terrible.   Also, I am having a hard time thinking up a WORSE series finale than this one, especially for a show that lasted 8 seasons.  They mailed this season in.  Dexter started out as a show that was so different, and took different turns, a show where the main character was completely bad, but yet you liked him.  This season went cliche after cliche to the bitter end.  There is no excuses, it was God awful.

And the whole "I'm toxic" thing is stupid, it's not like the kid is better off in another country with a serial killer woman and has never been a mom, and fatherless?  If they wanted that route they shouldn't have killed Deb and had her take Harrison.   

Next Sunday we get to see a series end the way it should with Breaking Bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.