Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MLB Discussion Thread

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Everyone I talk to believes Davis is juicing, but I hope not.

I do hope he slows down because I really really want to see a back-to-back triple crown winner.

I have learned to never say a guy is or is not juicing.  But I will say that if he is, I do not believe he all of a sudden started doing it this season.  The man has always had prodigious power, just always sucked at hitting.  In the first two seasons of my main fantasy league (09-10) I had him both seasons, drafting him very high the first time around.  I have followed him for some time and always been interested in him.  His problem was always that he did not make enough contact/struck out too much.  He is better at hitting the ball now and with more hits comes more HR.  Again, I am not saying he is clean, but I do believe if he is juicing, it is not a new thing to him.

Posted

Anyway, Cespedes won the Derby tonight.  Another member of my league joked that he was the new C. Davis.  Someone I would own for several disappointing seasons and would turn into a god shortly after I gave up. I know some have said the Derby messes up swings but maybe it will have an opposite effect on Cespedes, because he has bee nothing but a headache this season.

Posted

I think it's awesome for the Pirates, I honestly can't remember a time in my life (I'm 28) where they were good.  I worry they will fall flat like last year though but I hope not.

early 90's - Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, Bream, Backman.  Since Bonds left they have been shat though.

Posted

I think it's awesome for the Pirates, I honestly can't remember a time in my life (I'm 28) where they were good.  I worry they will fall flat like last year though but I hope not.

early 90's - Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, Bream, Backman, Drabek.  Since Bonds left and they lost to the Braves, they have been shat though.