#16 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

it's important for "die hard" steelers and redskins fans in the carolinas who have never seen their team in person

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,113 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

it's important for "die hard" steelers and redskins fans in the carolinas who have never seen their team in person

That is the truth. They take the game so seriously because this is the only time they will see them. Especially all the huge Steeler chicks with loud mouths and no class or should that be loud mouths and fat asses.

#18 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

As previously stated, preseason is much too long.  It should be nothing more than getting rookies' feet wet in live game scenarios.  The starters should never be in for more than a couple series in each game.  The rest of the time should look like summer league basketball.  Losing a top player in the preseason is like busting your nut before you can even get it out of your pants.

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

#19 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

I love the preseason.  I love watching younger players get a chance to play even if it is against poor competition.  And that is why preseason is important.  It's a tune up for the starters and its a chance for young players to get some game experience.

Problem is that some people get to caught up in whether we win or lose, while others, will just ignore terrible performances and write it off as "it's just preseason".

Theres a thin gray area that I wish everyone could see.  Of course if the offense comes out and can't move the ball theres reason to be concerned.  Yes, its "vanilla" football but it shows that the offense isn't where it needs to be (hence the slow starts during the season).  However, there are tons of caveats that could explain the poor performance.  The Patriots never look that great during the preseason.  But for a young team with a young QB execution is paramount.

In the same breath, wins and losses don't really mean much.  I mean, we'd all love to win, thats ultimately the reason that you step on the field.  I don't care if its preseason, regular season, or backyard football, if you aren't trying to win then you should just hang it up.  And that's exactly why some teams who win all four games can go into the season a little more confident a may play better.  Or they come in a bit more relaxed and play worse.  It's a toss up but ultimately means very little.

But I'm sure we will hear the token cliche's all through august.  "vanilla"..."it's just preseason"..."we're doomed"..."he sucks"  are all my favorites.

#20 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

So which one of you guys who thinks it's important wants to give me face value for my preseason game tickets? :)

#21 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think you guys are missing the main reason preseason is important; it's important because the preseason is long and we are all ready to watch football.  Even if it is low quality preseason.

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,116 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

So which one of you guys who thinks it's important wants to give me face value for my preseason game tickets? :)

Lol, I was gonna say the same thing.

For as many people that say it's important, not many people go to the game.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

the thing that sucks about preseason games is that they can't afford to drop the price of the tickets because cost of operating everything doesn't go down just because the game doesn't count.

the other thing that sucks is that since people are still paying full price for those meaningless games there's no reason to go down.

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,169 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Not really. They should have dropped it to only two games years ago. Goodell tried to push them back to 2 games and add 2 more regular season games back in 2011 with the CBA, which didn't go over well at all lol.

Regardless this board will be in full panic/fire mode if our offense and defense isn't completely dominating.

#25 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Panthers' winning percentage in the preseason since 2009: 0.313

Panthers' winning percentage in the regular season since 2009: 0.359

Just sayin'

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

so if we win 3 games we'll go 14-2!

#27 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

I think regular season football would suffer if they didn't have the preseason... It's debatable how many games there should be. The vets would probably say one, those guys on the bubble probably appreciate the opportunity to showcase themselves.

As for the fans, its good and bad... I have no desire to attend preseason games, but I watch every second of them on TV to see the rookies and free agents we picked up.

#28 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

All I know is last year in pre season read option was scarce, it was also scarce in my trips to Wofford. Yet we opened the season with it as our base offense.

#29 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

I've got some bad news for you guys...

http://www.twominute...ason-matter.htm

http://www.thebestsp...son-matter.html

http://www.footballo...reseason-matter

http://www.tornbyspo.../nfl-preseason/

#30 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Who cares about preseason? I know I don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.