Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carpanfan96

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

391 posts in this topic

One of the Editor's at Rufus on fire is slamming the Bobcats and fans that want this to happen.

Ben Swanson ‏@CardboardGerald

Why is trying "WIN NOW mode" in FA for limited players bad for the Bobcats? Because doing that too soon makes you the 2010 Bobcats

@roger_horne @ChrisJandB i cant name one playoff team that did something with a high usage post player that couldn't play defense

@roger_horne @ChrisJandB you're not going to find a superstar in free agency unless you get a miracle

Cheap young quality talent as opposed to signing an expensive one-dimensional player quick-fix? I prefer the former

You know what, fine. Sign Al Jefferson. Go and get that 8 seed! Reach for the sky!

If the Bobcats are serious about wanting a culture change, it would be quite stupid to go after a player like JR Smith. Stupendously dumb.

Al Jefferson, JR Smith and OJ Mayo - all reported free agency interests for the Bobcats. Brb gonna go pound my head into the wall

One of the Editor's at Rufus on fire is slamming the Bobcats and fans that want this to happen.

I'd like to know what he wants us to do then. Shall we just wait around tanking every season until we draft a superstar. Hell plenty of teams can draft superstars and all stars and not go anywhere. Look at the talent Sacramento has. Cousins and Evans and other nice pieces. And they can't get it together Bc they don't build there team right. I'm not saying big al is the leading piece or they guy to turn us around but it's a start.

I mean we got possibly 3 first round picks next draft. We have kemba mkg biyombo and zeller. They all young guys. Add three more rookies to that. That's too much youth and not even veteran leadership. Trying to tank and get young players and rookies all the time isn't te way to go. We have a core. Now add shooters and some damn post scoring and our team in a few years with added draft picks could be pretty good. So tired of tanking for 10 years trying to land Kevin Durant. Not gonna happen. Jesus lol

Dude has seemed to have misplaced his tampon ever since the Hornets rebranding came up... He has some worthwhile insights at times but, it gets lost in all the ranting.

That being said, I agree with his general premise. That's why I haven't been wholeheartedly behind this signing and suggested Pekovic instead. Jefferson is what he is at this point. He's not going to all of a sudden become something he's not. So whatever we sign him for, we're stuck with him through the downside of his career. Whereas with Pekovic, there is room for growth and improvement, AND it will probably cost significantly less.

People keep saying, 'well, fine then scaredy cats, we'll just keep 30 mil sitting around just in case and keep tanking.' Well, turns out, there are a ton of great players that will potentially be FA in '14, so I'd rather pick up a few bargain buys this year and then go after potential franchise changers like LeBron or Paul George then. Yes, I know Lebron wouldn't come here but the point remains... Improve with youth and selective veteran signings that don't break the bank - unless you are talking about the best player at their respective position.

Dude has seemed to have misplaced his tampon ever since the Hornets rebranding came up... He has some worthwhile insights at times but, it gets lost in all the ranting.

That being said, I agree with his general premise. That's why I haven't been wholeheartedly behind this signing and suggested Pekovic instead. Jefferson is what he is at this point. He's not going to all of a sudden become something he's not. So whatever we sign him for, we're stuck with him through the downside of his career. Whereas with Pekovic, there is room for growth and improvement, AND it will probably cost significantly less.

People keep saying, 'well, fine then scaredy cats, we'll just keep 30 mil sitting around just in case and keep tanking.' Well, turns out, there are a ton of great players that will potentially be FA in '14, so I'd rather pick up a few bargain buys this year and then go after potential franchise changers like LeBron or Paul George then. Yes, I know Lebron wouldn't come here but the point remains... Improve with youth and selective veteran signings that don't break the bank - unless you are talking about the best player at their respective position.

I agree with going after pek. I just feel like minny would match anything thrown at them. So I feel like Jefferson is the guy.

I mean honestly I didnt even want him at first. But I always end up talking myself into it just in case we actually do sign him. I'm just like everyone else. I'd love to sign a Paul George next year or a lebron and what not. But my heart knows players like that won't come here next year. So I get all giggly when I think we got a chance at Jefferson. No I don't want them to sign someone just to be signing them but Jefferson is a good player and I would love to tune into games this year and watch al Jeff do work down low.

I'm kinda off topic and lost my train of thought but anyways. Love this team. Hate losing. Just wanna watch my boys be something. And hell it's just as nice to dream about Jefferson and what could happen than for it to actually happen. Goodnight all

2 people like this

I agree with him, tanking all of the years and then stopping and losing our draft pick to the Bulls in the deepest draft since '03. That is not a smart move.

A lot of teams are going to be tanking next season. Its very possible that even if we tank, we wont get a top 5 pick. Thats why you are seeing the Hornets taking advantage and trying to sign an All Star center/pf. Come on down Big Al.

One of the most common expressions in sports:

"The next draft is going to be loaded..."

Just went to NBA Draft.net

In their top 11, 8 were either high schoolers or international players.  That is only 3 players we really know about and the only center on that list only averaged 8 ppg.

Truth is no one really knows how good next year's draft is going to be.  Harrison Barnes had the same hype on him as Wiggins when he came out of high school.  Remember he was a preseason first team all-american before his freshman year.

Before you know it people will be wanting to tank again in 2014-15 because...

"the next draft is going to be loaded.  Can't miss out"

2 people like this

Rotoworld said that as many as 7 or more teams will be tanking this year.  You like those odds, since we're so lucky in the lottery?  I don't.

BTW, if we are hell bent on tanking we can still sign Big All and then have a slew of "injuries"

Sign him. We likely wont finish in bottom 5 anyway. Like someone said above everyone always says next yr is loaded. It is and always has been a crap shoot on who pans out.

Here is a question for you...  How many of you have ever seen Wiggins or Parker in person?

I have seen Parker a few times on TV, never in person.

I have seen Wiggins in person, He doesnt stand out like you would think. He is very long and slim. Excellent athlete and shows good form on shooting. He doesn't dominate the game, he is a "Potential" player. 

If you remember seeing LeBron in high school and now go look at Wiggins and tell me you think there is any guarantee?