Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

391 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ha, yeah I think we have linked Charlotte and Al Jefferson for more than a few years now. 

Posted · Report post

I saw one report that said we met with big Al as soon as free agency opened last night and may have already made him an offer.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

YOLO must be Rod Higgins!

Thanks for the updates on NBA free agents...

So at 28 AL Jefferson will demand a 10-12 mil a year contract. It would be nice if it would be 3-4 years max but I think this is his last big payday so he will probally want 5 years? Not sure..not many free agents jump out this season. Hate to make a splash with bad timiing.

He will be regressing as JJ Hickson is still progressing..and Lebron loves Cam so he will come to Charlotte as he is tired of not paying taxes in Miami.

Posted · Report post

Ah well we movin' on up (movin' on up), to the east side (movin' on up), to a dee-lux apartment in the skyyyy

Posted · Report post

I havent read that anywhere yet this morning, but that would be great news if true.  We need to go ahead and get our front court setup with Jefferson, Zeller, Biyombo, and Haywood/Thomas.  Work on the backcourt(getting a star player), and depth next season.

Posted · Report post

LOL I told you guys we would go after Al Jefferson because we need a post scorer.

I know my basketball people!

Lol. Yea this is funny. I mean it was pretty much thought of for a long while now by everyone.

Posted · Report post

I think it would be wise for us to get out in front with Jefferson while the Howard drama unfolds.

The thing that sucks about A- being a smaller market and B- sucking is that we will probably have to be more aggressive with our offer to FAs than other teams (I.e. overpay).
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I havent read that anywhere yet this morning, but that would be great news if true. We need to go ahead and get our front court setup with Jefferson, Zeller, Biyombo, and Haywood/Thomas. Work on the backcourt(getting a star player), and depth next season.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/report-bobcats-plan-to-pursue-al-jefferson-in-free-agency/

And if you have apps, try "bleacher report". BR does a great and fast job of reporting news. You can keep up with your favorite teams news. As much as some people hates BR, I love it.

Posted · Report post

Thanks.  I just searched Al Jefferson on twitter and its legit.  Bobcats want Jefferson.

Posted · Report post

Would be awesome, but I'd be surprised.  He may end up going to whomever Howard doesn't pick.  How about Assik from Houston, they are trying to dump him to make room.  Adding Jefferson would give us an all-star and the best player in franchise history automatically.  Zeller/Biz can rotate in and out and Jefferson/Biz as well.  Would be fun to watch at least.

Posted · Report post

I had court side tickets to the Bobcats/Jazz game this past year and Jefferson is a really cool guy.

Someone yelled out to him that he sucks and he replied is that why I got 16 points and 6 rebounds lol. He was talking to the fans the whole game, it's almost like he actually liked Charlotte.

He finished with 26 points and 8 rebounds.

Posted · Report post

YOLO must be Rod Higgins!

Oh you ain't know?

YOLO!