• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carpanfan96

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

If dallas just matched our offer would then every have the money to sign their rookies?

They would have around 4 million left over with 8 players on the roster, 2 capable All Stars, 2 players being good backups. The rest pretty much scrubs. I honestly think he would have just as good of a chance at winning with Charlotte. 

They would have around 4 million left over with 8 players on the roster, 2 capable All Stars, 2 players being good backups. The rest pretty much scrubs. I honestly think he would have just as good of a chance at winning with Charlotte. 

I just can't see him going to Dallas. I think he is just holding out in case a team extremely over pays because D12 is off the market. For some reason I get the feeling Big Al wants to be the star of a team.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking to the Hornets fan club that refused to buy tickets when it was called the Bobcats. Then complained because the team wasn't good or making moves to get better. Now all those complaints are out the window, so I want to see how many are actually following through and buying tickets.

"Also, it don't matter where you live if you said something about buying tickets. It's put up or shut up time" <This is what the Bobcats have been telling you all off season. 

No doubt, I live in Raleigh, spend most of they year in Lynchburg, Va and make the 3.5 hour drive down 12 times a year for basketball and 8 times a year for football (I don't do preseason, we give those tickets away lol). It's time to put up or shut up from the Charlotte fan base.

Was really looking forward to signing Al.

It's pretty much a done deal anyways, Mavericks aren't going to offer him as much as he wants. 

After seeing what the Sacramento Kings offered Andre Iguodala (before they retracted the offer)... I would like to nominate their GM/Owner for worst GM/Owner ever...

Giving Al Jefferson a 4yr/60MM contract is stupid.

BUT...

Not as stupid as giving Andre Iguodala a 4yr/56MM contract.

Where are you getting 64m? I'm not very good at math, but I believe 15 * 4 is 60...

I didn't read anything that said for sure what we offered. Justbwhat some think it is. I was taking creative license with a 16 mill per offer.

I didn't read anything that said for sure what we offered. Justbwhat some think it is. I was taking creative license with a 16 mill per offer.

ESPN said he is looking for 4yrs/60MM so I would imagine that, that is what he offered.

We can't afford to pay him $16MM per year.

The most we can realistically offer is exactly what he is looking for.

My other question is, if Howard does sign with the Mavs will Houston come into play?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    biggie01

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts