390 replies to this topic

#251 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

I should clarify, I don't hate Tyrus; he's actually a nice guy and I got a picture with him this past year.... it's just that he sucks so bad.

#252 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm pretty sure the FO guys have a plan in place for all scenarios. Someone will have to steeply overpay Hendo for him to leave

Of course that plan maybe to amnesty Thomas as u said.

Reddick just got 8 million a season counting his trade clause. I think Hendo is better then Reddick. So that puts the Market value at around 8-10 million a season for Hendo. Add in a 12 million a season deal for Jefferson and there's most of the cap space including the 9 million from Amnesty Thomas. 

#253 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hope so. My gut tells me that if we don't have a deal done within 48-72 hours we aren't getting him.

I imagine we gave his agent some idea what we are going to offer at midnight July 1st. So I think the fact he is visiting is very encouraging.

Yup, I agree. If it takes more than 48-72hrs, it likely not gonna happen. I think this is going to happen sooner than we think though. Probably an agreement at the end of the meeting.

It's even more encouraging knowing he's in Charlotte today already.

#254 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

I would agree if we could even get our foot in the door with those guys. Don't think for a second that Cho didn't talk to Howard's agent to try and get an idea if there was any mutual interest there. My guess is that Howard's agent said no.

Actually, signing a guy like Al Jefferson makes it more likely, not less likely, to garner interest from top tier free agents in the future.

You can't overpay for a the top free agent when you have 5 other more desirable and more competitive teams offering the same amount. You can't over pay for someone who won't even listen.

Oh, no doubt you are right. We must have made contact with his agent and saw that there wasn't any interest on their end. But, my point remains... I'm just not comfortable in giving him a max deal. I think Pekovic is the better option and I would feel much better overpaying for him. That being said, Jefferson will only help us on the court and in luring free agents in the future. I just hope he can maintain his level of play for the duration of the contract.

#255 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

I should clarify, I don't hate Tyrus; he's actually a nice guy and I got a picture with him this past year.... it's just that he sucks so bad.

Tyrus Thomas is an anomaly. When I watch him actually play he literally looks like the most miserable person in the world. But when he is on the bench not playing he is having the time of his fugging life. He is the biggest cheerleader on the bench and the grumpiest guy on the court when he is in the game.

He is the Rodney Peete of the Buzz cats.

#256 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Tyrus Thomas is an anomaly. When I watch him actually play he literally looks like the most miserable person in the world. But when he is on the bench not playing he is having the time of his fugging life. He is the biggest cheerleader on the bench and the grumpiest guy on the court when he is in the game.

He is the Rodney Peete of the Buzz cats.

Lol exactly. That's what I see too.

#257 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

http://sportige.com/...ferson-2013-07/

Jefferson is a quite clear case of a fantastic offensive big man with plenty of defensive flaws. While it might not work for most teams, especially with Jefferson probably looking for the $15 million he made last season with the Jazz, the Bobcats have plenty of cap space and the minimal amount of talent possible, making them a perfect destination.

The Bobcats had Bismack Biymobo to pair up with Jefferson in the frontcourt, hoping that along with the Congolese big man, who’ll shift to power forward after playing at center for much of last season, they’ll have a much more formidable duo in the paint, with Biymobo making up for Jefferson’s defensive deficiencies.

#258 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

http://sportige.com/...ferson-2013-07/

Nice post.

And I think Cho and MJ are gonna jump over the 15 mil if that's really what he's looking for.

#Donedeal

#259 chubs2496

chubs2496

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'm kinda anxious if he signs tommorrow. Would be pretty excited to be honest

#260 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby