#31 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Remember though, Jefferson weighs a lot more than Garnett; so it's much harder for him to get up and down the court. Four more years of a consistent double-double player isn't too much to ask though, you just don't want to overpay him. If you overpay, you set the rebuilding process back further (see Tyrus Thomas).

Actually, 4 years of double-double is pretty hard to ask in this franchise. Just saying. And I wouldn't compare Jefferson with TNT. I think this would be a really good move and not one which is going to set us back. We really just need the 2014 Draft and that's pretty much it. I think that's the plan for Cho. I mean we're paying Ben Gordon 13 mil at the moment for pretty much nothing. Why not make it with something.

#32 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

tank one more year.  please don't sign him

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Bobcats fans worrying about Jefferson being 28 and maybe only having a few years left, and this and that, is like internet guys giving women low scores when they couldn't even land those in real life. If Jefferson wants to play here in Charlotte, bring him in and deal with his weaknesses lol.

Lol agree.

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

tank one more year. please don't sign him

We'd still gonna be pretty bad with Jefferson. Not terrible, but 20-30 wins bad.

#35 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Jefferson would sell tickets which this team desperately needs, and it wouldn't make us amazingly better.  We'd be more respectable, that's for sure.

#36 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Bobcats fans worrying about Jefferson being 28 and maybe only having a few years left, and this and that, is like internet guys giving women low scores when they couldn't even land those in real life. If Jefferson wants to play here in Charlotte, bring him in and deal with his weaknesses lol.

Beggars can be choosers when it could potentially set your franchise back if you overpay him.

There are definitely valid concerns there, but his "good" outweighs his "bad".

That is still no reason to overpay though.

#37 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

I would be ok with SLIGHTLY overpaying, I think that's the only way we bring him in.

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Just pay the man. Jesus. ;)
Unless we want to cross our fingers and hoped he can up his ppg to 7 instead of 5.

Jefferson is a legit natural Center, not PF. Will be a tremendous front court to build for the future. He's a lot better than the new Knick, Andrea Bargnani.

#39 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

tank one more year.  please don't sign him

Do you realize there is going to be like 5 or more teams tanking next year?  Do you also realize the NBA hates Charlotte and the lottery poops on our faces each year?  

Toronto, Orlando, Boston, Pheonix, Sac....

You can bank on Boston getting #1 next year.  Not to mention those prospects everyone wants could not be what everyone thought they were after playing a year in college.  Shabazz was supposed to be a top 3 pick, McLemore dropped out of the top 5, etc.   You just never know.  

#40 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Unless we want to cross our fingers and hoped he can up his ppg to 7 instead of 5.

Jefferson is a legit natural Center, not PF. Will be a tremendous front court to build for the future.

If we bring in Jefferson, I'd say start him with Biz, just to balance each other's weaknesses.  Zeller can back up Biz and occasionally Jefferson.

#41 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Jefferson is a legit natural Center, not PF. Will be a tremendous front court to build for the future. He's a lot better than the new Knick, Andrea Bargnani.

Eh, he's not a natural center, he's listed as a combo pf/c. He can play either, but he's not a pure center. He still wanders outside the paint to take a few jump shots a game.

#42 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Also, paying him is easier said than done...

After Tyrus Thomas's first year in Charlotte, many thought he would be a really good player (including the Bobcats). They offered him a ridiculous contract and it has taken 3 years for the Bobcats to recover from that. If Thomas is not given that contract, we could have rebuilt this team in two years.

The point is, don't go head over heels giving out max contracts when we still have a lot needs.

Remember the Cats (soon to be Hornets), are interested in competing for a title; not an 8th seed in the playoffs.

You guys need to think long term.

The ideal situation is to sign Jefferson to a reasonable four year contract and get the best out of him while he mentors our young post players (Zeller and Biz).

#43 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

You can't really compare Tyrus to Jefferson lol.  Jefferson has a resume of work whereas Tyrus didn't except a pretty good second half of basketball with us.  Jefferson scores close to 20 a game, I doubt we sign him and he immediately struggles to score 10.   This is way more of a sure thing than the Tyrus pick, which is terrible looking back, but I wasn't mad when it happened honestly, he looked poised but didn't have the care I guess.  Slightly overpaying Jefferson won't hurt us I don't believe.

#44 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

You can't really compare Tyrus to Jefferson lol.  Jefferson has a resume of work whereas Tyrus didn't except a pretty good second half of basketball with us.  Jefferson scores close to 20 a game, I doubt we sign him and he immediately struggles to score 10.   This is way more of a sure thing than the Tyrus pick, which is terrible looking back, but I wasn't mad when it happened honestly, he looked poised but didn't have the care I guess.  Slightly overpaying Jefferson won't hurt us I don't believe.

It wasn't a comparison, no where did I say they play similar or have the same game... 

It's the principle that I was comparing... you don't want to overpay just because Jefferson is the new shiny toy on the toy shelf because next year there will be more toys... better toys... Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Paul Pierce, Luol Deng, Dirk Nowitzki, Greg Monroe, Paul George, Danny Granger, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, Larry Sanders, Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, DeMarcus Cousins, Tim Duncan, Rudy Gay, John Wall...

If he wants to play for us, give him a reasonable contract and he will accept it...

#45 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Most of those people won't come here and a lot I wouldn't want anyway (Amar'e noooo lol).  I get your point though.   I'm in the middle on this really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users