Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What our divisional Boards are saying

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I am not sure how much better New Orleans will be. Everyone thinks that Peyton will make all the difference but the problem last year wasnt offense but defense. Peyton has little to do with that side of the ball. If figure they will be an 8-8 team this year.

Tampa actually presents a big challenge. If we cant run against them we could struggle for point. It likelynwont be a high scoring affair.

The Falcons are due to suffer the same kind injuries as we have the last few years. They have been Lucie in that department and had a number of late wins that could have gone either way. They could very well end up 9-7 this year.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is evidence here that suggests the league is going to see a Cam Newton they have not seen before.  All the talk about Kaepernick, RGIII, Luck--just wait. 

New Orleans:  Brees is good, but not when he has facial pressure.  Mr. Brees, meet Mr. Lotulelei.  He will be in your grill today.  Payton is pretty good, but he has always had better talent.  New Orleans fans lost for so long, they think a half-decade of winning is everlasting.   Your best days are behind you.

I think we match up well vs. the Falcons.  Could have taken 2 from them last year, if our FS was not a Hurney plug in.  This year, they will have to start a rookie CB--Trufant will be tested.  Their OL is overrated--this year, they are about to see how much.  I doubt they can stop our front four if they play like we thnk they will.

The team that bothers me?  Yes, the only team left.  The Bucs.  If Freeman turns it around and plays like he does against us every game, they made some nice additions. 

I would not be surprised to see any team win it.   

2 people like this

Posted

In football, unless you have just an other worldly QB, you are usually only as strong as your weakest link.

NO: Payton is back but that defense was historically bad and to fix it they decided to switch to a 3-4.  Brilliant!!  They have to do   more with less and that is not a recipe for success.

ATL:  Bad O-line is bad.  Bad D-line is Bad.  But hey they've got Melty Ice right?  

TB: While their D-line may not be "bad", it is still a giant question mark.  Their run D will be put to the test now that teams can't just thrown all over them.  Only time will tell here but D-line and Freeman appear to be their biggest weaknesses right now.

Us: Secondary and WR.  The secondary should be masked by what we consider a strong front 7.  The WR should be marginalized by our renewed usage of the run game.  We do have three pretty good receivers on the field at all times in Smith Lafell and Olsen. 

All together, as strange as it seems we have fewer glaring weaknesses than our divisional opponents.  Where we a perceived to be weak are the areas of our team that don't necessarily have to have all-pros.  We are closer to having the better team than NO and ATL are to maintaining divisional superiority. IMO.

4 people like this

Posted

every time I see "PewterReport" I think I'm checking the john after some troubling mexican food. 

1 person likes this

Posted

In football, unless you have just an other worldly QB, you are usually only as strong as your weakest link.

NO: Payton is back but that defense was historically bad and to fix it they decided to switch to a 3-4.  Brilliant!!  They have to do   more with less and that is not a recipe for success.

ATL:  Bad O-line is bad.  Bad D-line is Bad.  But hey they've got Melty Ice right?  

TB: While their D-line may not be "bad", it is still a giant question mark.  Their run D will be put to the test now that teams can't just thrown all over them.  Only time will tell here but D-line and Freeman appear to be their biggest weaknesses right now.

Us: Secondary and WR.  The secondary should be masked by what we consider a strong front 7.  The WR should be marginalized by our renewed usage of the run game.  We do have three pretty good receivers on the field at all times in Smith Lafell and Olsen. 

All together, as strange as it seems we have fewer glaring weaknesses than our divisional opponents.  Where we a perceived to be weak are the areas of our team that don't necessarily have to have all-pros.  We are closer to having the better team than NO and ATL are to maintaining divisional superiority. IMO.

yep, our good young pieces are in the right places..  QB, DT, LB.

we just need a long term answer at LT and WR.  If we got both next year we'll win a lot of game over the next half decade plus.

2 people like this

Posted

In reference to the Saints defense...they were terrible and now switching to a 3-4 which Rivera knows better than the coaches in New Orleans.

Their big free agent lber from Dallas Victor Butler is out for the season now...so they have a lot of pieces that just do not fit the 3-4 and they did not get much faster except with Vaccaro who is still a rookie..

Will Smith at OLB will be fun to watch....covering TEs? Id roll recievers on his side.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, the Taints OLB situation is horrible. Their pass rush has ZERO potential. I really don't understand why they didn't roll with the safties they had and drafted Jarvis in the 1st round. That would've went a loooong way in fixing that D. Lucky for us they thought otherwise.

Posted

Not so related to the topic but Bleacher Report (I know, I know... I was bored) recently released an article detailing which defenses are best suited to handle dual-threat QBs and The Read-Option/Pistol, and not surprising The Panthers got an honorable mention but I was a tad bothered by the fact that the author ranked The Dolphins ahead of The Panthers (and dare I say it -- The Buccaneers).

Our defense had a season of incredible highs... and abysmal lows, but our front seven contained and harassed mobile QBs like RG3, Wilson and Pryor. There is certainly something to say about that. If Lotulelei and Short pay off, we could be as dominant as San Fran's D in a couple of years.

2 people like this

Posted

"New Orleans is the team to beat this year. Explosive offense mixed with a pissed off defense with plenty of chips on shoulders. 

yeah everyone is in for an asswhipping this year."

This is pretty much the exact same thing they said last year.  They were all going to have chips on their shoulder to "play for Sean Payton".

1 person likes this

Posted

This is pretty much the exact same thing they said last year. They were all going to have chips on their shoulder to "play for Sean Payton".

Was it for Payton or was it so they could take the Lombardi from Goodell in NO thus humiliating him into a crying fit on stage as Payton smiled smugly from the press box?

2 people like this

Posted

I didn't know Taints and Failcons fans knew how to operate typewriters, let alone computers/smart phones.  Granted, a New WHOREleans or Asslanta fan having a smart phone is the greatest oxymoron of all time...

Posted

Atlanta has one of the most delusional fan bases in the nfl. 

And I would know. My gf is a Falcons fan, and and all of her family, and all of her friends, and I fugging hate it.

You might want to think about making her your ex-girlfriend.