47 replies to this topic

#16 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'm sure all of their boards have a great time clowning some of the post on here about how awesome we think we're going to be.  In the end....usually only one fan base was "right".  

#17 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

asante samuel's still a solid corner, but he's no drayton florence

go panthers

#18 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

"New Orleans is the team to beat this year. Explosive offense mixed with a pissed off defense with plenty of chips on shoulders. 
yeah everyone is in for an asswhipping this year."

Too bad being pissed off isn't going to fix the fact that they suck.

Payton is going to open a can for whoop on the NFC. The man is Stephen Hawking's of the NFL. He had a year to make up plays and mentally shred defensives. Saints are the team to beat...hands down...the day the season starts in the Dome.

I appreciate optimism, I am a Panthers homer myself.  But to say the Saints are "HANDS DOWN" the best team in a LOADED NFC is pretty dumb.    Also, the Stephen Hawking reference is classic

No matter how much I hate the Saints I think if there defence does anything this year they are the team to beat in the NFCS this year.

#19 iBBB

iBBB

no more maybe next year.

• ALL-PRO
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

It would be nice to have a linked thread between NFCS teams message boards. The boards members of all four teams would be able to post there from within their message board. Imagine the clusterfug lol

I zipped through atlanta board and couldnt help to notice A LOT OF "I believe" this and "I feel like" bla bla bla that.

When evidence is contradictory to your will of positive outcome, it is replaced by faith.

Desperate move.

#20 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

It would be nice to have a linked thread between NFCS teams message boards. The boards members of all four teams would be able to post there from within their message board. Imagine the clusterfug lol

I zipped through atlanta board and couldnt help to notice A LOT OF "I believe" this and "I feel like" bla bla bla that.

When evidence is contradictory to your will of positive outcome, it is replaced by faith.

Desperate move.

How is that different than here?

#21 iBBB

iBBB

no more maybe next year.

• ALL-PRO
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

How is that different than here?

It isn't. BUT there isnt near as many individual posts here with the "i believe" predictions.

#22 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I love how many Falcons fans used the term "shock the world". Sounds like everyone outside of ATL knows their D is suspect.

#23 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

It isn't. BUT there isnt near as many individual posts here with the "i believe" predictions.

I'll take your word for it. Can't bring myself to actually go check out their board.

#24 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,277 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Sean Peyton = Stephen Hawking = Delusional

Let us look at a more realistic comparison.

Sean Peyton :
Addicted to pain killers
only comprehends one side of the ball
Has been a black eye on the NFL.
Never willing to admit when wrong.

Rush Limbaugh :
Addicted to pain killers
only comprehens one side of the political spectrum
Has been a black eye on the NFL.
Never willing to admitehen wrong.

Now thats a fair comparison.

#25 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

I am not sure how much better New Orleans will be. Everyone thinks that Peyton will make all the difference but the problem last year wasnt offense but defense. Peyton has little to do with that side of the ball. If figure they will be an 8-8 team this year.
Tampa actually presents a big challenge. If we cant run against them we could struggle for point. It likelynwont be a high scoring affair.

The Falcons are due to suffer the same kind injuries as we have the last few years. They have been Lucie in that department and had a number of late wins that could have gone either way. They could very well end up 9-7 this year.

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

There is evidence here that suggests the league is going to see a Cam Newton they have not seen before.  All the talk about Kaepernick, RGIII, Luck--just wait. 

New Orleans:  Brees is good, but not when he has facial pressure.  Mr. Brees, meet Mr. Lotulelei.  He will be in your grill today.  Payton is pretty good, but he has always had better talent.  New Orleans fans lost for so long, they think a half-decade of winning is everlasting.   Your best days are behind you.

I think we match up well vs. the Falcons.  Could have taken 2 from them last year, if our FS was not a Hurney plug in.  This year, they will have to start a rookie CB--Trufant will be tested.  Their OL is overrated--this year, they are about to see how much.  I doubt they can stop our front four if they play like we thnk they will.

The team that bothers me?  Yes, the only team left.  The Bucs.  If Freeman turns it around and plays like he does against us every game, they made some nice additions. 

I would not be surprised to see any team win it.   

#27 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

In football, unless you have just an other worldly QB, you are usually only as strong as your weakest link.

NO: Payton is back but that defense was historically bad and to fix it they decided to switch to a 3-4.  Brilliant!!  They have to do   more with less and that is not a recipe for success.

ATL:  Bad O-line is bad.  Bad D-line is Bad.  But hey they've got Melty Ice right?  

TB: While their D-line may not be "bad", it is still a giant question mark.  Their run D will be put to the test now that teams can't just thrown all over them.  Only time will tell here but D-line and Freeman appear to be their biggest weaknesses right now.

Us: Secondary and WR.  The secondary should be masked by what we consider a strong front 7.  The WR should be marginalized by our renewed usage of the run game.  We do have three pretty good receivers on the field at all times in Smith Lafell and Olsen. 

All together, as strange as it seems we have fewer glaring weaknesses than our divisional opponents.  Where we a perceived to be weak are the areas of our team that don't necessarily have to have all-pros.  We are closer to having the better team than NO and ATL are to maintaining divisional superiority. IMO.

#28 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

every time I see "PewterReport" I think I'm checking the john after some troubling mexican food. 

#29 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

In football, unless you have just an other worldly QB, you are usually only as strong as your weakest link.

NO: Payton is back but that defense was historically bad and to fix it they decided to switch to a 3-4.  Brilliant!!  They have to do   more with less and that is not a recipe for success.

ATL:  Bad O-line is bad.  Bad D-line is Bad.  But hey they've got Melty Ice right?  

TB: While their D-line may not be "bad", it is still a giant question mark.  Their run D will be put to the test now that teams can't just thrown all over them.  Only time will tell here but D-line and Freeman appear to be their biggest weaknesses right now.

Us: Secondary and WR.  The secondary should be masked by what we consider a strong front 7.  The WR should be marginalized by our renewed usage of the run game.  We do have three pretty good receivers on the field at all times in Smith Lafell and Olsen. 

All together, as strange as it seems we have fewer glaring weaknesses than our divisional opponents.  Where we a perceived to be weak are the areas of our team that don't necessarily have to have all-pros.  We are closer to having the better team than NO and ATL are to maintaining divisional superiority. IMO.

yep, our good young pieces are in the right places..  QB, DT, LB.

we just need a long term answer at LT and WR.  If we got both next year we'll win a lot of game over the next half decade plus.

#30 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

In reference to the Saints defense...they were terrible and now switching to a 3-4 which Rivera knows better than the coaches in New Orleans.

Their big free agent lber from Dallas Victor Butler is out for the season now...so they have a lot of pieces that just do not fit the 3-4 and they did not get much faster except with Vaccaro who is still a rookie..

Will Smith at OLB will be fun to watch....covering TEs? Id roll recievers on his side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com