Photo
- - - - -

Elliot Williams Will Be Leaving Duke

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

I want to clarify this has been a bit of a rumor for the past month, but it is confirmed now.

Elliot's mom has been sick and it seemed that he was going to be able to stay at Duke during this, but things have taken a turn for the worse. He is leaving Duke to go back home to Memphis. He will enroll at Memphis.

This has nothing to do with players leaving Duke (Taylor King, Eric Boateng, etc.) This is a case where his mother's health is in serious question and he wants to be close to his family. Thoughts are with Elliot and his family.

Obivously, this takes Duke out of any talk of contention next year, they have 2 guards. Singler will be spending all his time at the 3, maybe even having to play some 2.

I hate it for Elliott, because he really turned it on last year and he is going to be a special player. Just wish it could have worked out that he could stay at Duke.

Now Duke will have to bring in 6 players in 2010.

#2 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

Sorry to hear for Elliot's Mom...I hope she gets better.

Also hate to see Duke's talent drop down a notch, I was looking forward to the competition for my Tarheels!

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

I want to clarify this has been a bit of a rumor for the past month, but it is confirmed now.

Elliot's mom has been sick and it seemed that he was going to be able to stay at Duke during this, but things have taken a turn for the worse. He is leaving Duke to go back home to Memphis. He will enroll at Memphis.

This has nothing to do with players leaving Duke (Taylor King, Eric Boateng, etc.) This is a case where his mother's health is in serious question and he wants to be close to his family. Thoughts are with Elliot and his family.

Obivously, this takes Duke out of any talk of contention next year, they have 2 guards. Singler will be spending all his time at the 3, maybe even having to play some 2.

I hate it for Elliott, because he really turned it on last year and he is going to be a special player. Just wish it could have worked out that he could stay at Duke.

Now Duke will have to bring in 6 players in 2010.

Yeah, it's going to be tough for Duke to win with only 6 burger boys on the roster. K needs atleast 8 to make it our of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

#4 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

Hate to hear that, he was coming on nicely...

#5 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Wish him and his family the best.

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

What is the deal with his family? I heard somewhere that his mom was sick...How serious? I hope the best for both of them - as for duke, bleh!

#7 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

What is the deal with his family? I heard somewhere that his mom was sick...How serious? I hope the best for both of them - as for duke, bleh!

Did you even read the first post????

Yes, his mom is sick, it seems to have taken a bit of a turn, given she had been sick earlier in the year and his dad came out and said Elliot would stay at Duke. Obviously, it got worse and he needs to be in a situation closer to home.

I am sure you are the kind of guy who got all defensive when people were talking sh*t about Stepheson transfering to be close to his family, but now that it is Duke, what the hell right??

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

Did you even read the first post????

Yes, his mom is sick, it seems to have taken a bit of a turn, given she had been sick earlier in the year and his dad came out and said Elliot would stay at Duke. Obviously, it got worse and he needs to be in a situation closer to home.

I am sure you are the kind of guy who got all defensive when people were talking sh*t about Stepheson transfering to be close to his family, but now that it is Duke, what the hell right??

Actually I just scanned you first post...But with Stepheson, talking smack about his return home was unjustified and that's why I've wished Elliot and his family nothing but the best...Again, as for dook, I couldn't care less.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com