Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 NBA Free Agency News

155 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think Hendo is a better player then Reddick. I've though all along that it would end up taking around 10 million a season or close to it to keep Hendo with the Bobcats.

Depends where you have him at. I think that Demar DeRozan is slightly better than Hendo. He's making 9.5mil this season, Rodney Stuckey 8.5mil , and Marcus Thornton 8mil. I think 8-9 mil is good value for Hendo. I'd be hesitant to give him 10mil.

Posted · Report post

Thats insane money for both JJ and Hendo..
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thats insane money for both JJ and Hendo..

He was 11th in scoring among SG's last season. 20th in FG%, 19th in Rebounds, 21st in assists, 22nd in steals, 12th in blocks, 8th in Double doubles and 12th in minutes. If you use the stats over the last quarter of the season, then he's top 5 in all of the above. I'm not sure he's worth the 8-9 million a season, but that's the current market value. 

Posted · Report post

Just curious... anybody think we get involved with OJ Mayo? 

With the Clippers picking up JJ and Hendo's price seemingly on the rise... why or why not?

Posted · Report post

Just curious... anybody think we get involved with OJ Mayo?

With the Clippers picking up JJ and Hendo's price seemingly on the rise... why or why not?

It'll come down to if we resign Hendo or not. If someone else offer him and we don't match it, then OJ would be a great replacement. OJ and Hendo may end up getting very similar deal.

Posted · Report post

• Report: Kings considering matching offer for Tyreke Evans (4yr/44mil)

• Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Free agent Kevin Martin has reached agreement on a four year, $28 million deal with Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports.
7:51 PM - 2 Jul 2013

• Ken Berger of CBSSports.com:

The Pistons were among the first teams to reach out to the Celtics and express interest in acquiring Rondo, the All-Star point guard who is coming off an ACL injury, league sources told CBSSports.com. Having already made lucrative pitches to free agents Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala, Pistons president Joe Dumars also has registered interest in Raptors forward Rudy Gay, one source said.

Posted · Report post

Yeah but I watch JJ Reddick and although he is a high effort guy he is oddly not as consistant of a shooter as he should be.

It is like he tires quickly...although his conditioning is much improved.

I just expect more for 8 million..like a lot more.

Posted · Report post

Yeah but I watch JJ Reddick and although he is a high effort guy he is oddly not as consistant of a shooter as he should be.

It is like he tires quickly...although his conditioning is much improved.

I just expect more for 8 million..like a lot more.

Clippers are overpaying for him. That doesn't mean we should for Hendo. 8 mil is really Hendo's market. 10 mil and I'm gonna raise an eyebrow.

Posted · Report post

If Hendo simply is healthy and duplicates the second half of last season over a full one..then he would be worth the bigger end of that and I would have no problem..of course I want to see better shooting from him.

Posted · Report post

If Hendo simply is healthy and duplicates the second half of last season over a full one..then he would be worth the bigger end of that and I would have no problem..of course I want to see better shooting from him.

I have never thought of Hendo as a true shooting guard...  OJ Mayo just seems like a more natural fit a that position.  If we're investing a salary approaching 10mil I would rather have OJ's offensive repertoire. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have never thought of Hendo as a true shooting guard... OJ Mayo just seems like a more natural fit a that position. If we're investing a salary approaching 10mil I would rather have OJ's offensive repertoire.

OJ Mayo's 11 points a game second half offensive repotoire?! Nice..pay hin 12!!

Posted · Report post

OJ Mayo's 11 points a game second half offensive repotoire?! Nice..pay hin 12!!

If we are only talking about OJ and Hendo, yes. 

check OJ's ppg without Dirk in the lineup...