• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#46 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Howard and Steph would be a very good combo, just depends on what they have to give up in a sign and trade.

#47 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,969 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

** Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Wednesday night that Kyle Korver has agreed to terms on a four-year deal with the Hawks worth an estimated $24 million.

Korver was wooed by several teams in search of a sharpshooter, most notably Milwaukee, San Antonio and Brooklyn.

** Chris Broussard         @Chris_Broussard

Teams interested in Kenyon Martin: Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, Knicks, Nets, source says

** Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN

Breaking: The Knicks and J.R. Smith agree to a new deal, Smith's agent, Leon Rose, tells the Daily News.
Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman

Source saying J.R deal is completed with Smith accepting terms on 4-year, 24.7 M deal.

** Source tells Sporting News that Lakers F Earl Clark has signed a 2 yr deal w the Cavaliers for $9 million

** The Spurs and Belinelli agreed to a two-year deal, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The deal is worth $6 million total.

** Kings, Pelicans, Blazers agree to three-way deal involving Tyreke Evans, Robin Lopez, Greivis Vasquez

#48 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I wonder if the Pelicans plan to play Tyreke Evans at the small forward position. Weight wise, he will be fine. Evans weighs 220 lbs., compared to Josh Smith who weighs 225lbs... The only problem with playing Evans at the small forward position is that they will be giving up a lot of size at that position...

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,969 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I wonder if the Pelicans plan to play Tyreke Evans at the small forward position. Weight wise, he will be fine. Evans weighs 220 lbs., compared to Josh Smith who weighs 225lbs... The only problem with playing Evans at the small forward position is that they will be giving up a lot of size at that position...

Sounds good, but that would be terribly bad. Smith is 3 more inches taller than Evans, even though Evans has good height at 6'6". Rotation wise, Evans probably will see a lot of time at SF, but not starting. They said they plan on bringing him off the bench as a 6th man like Manu in SA. All I know is that New Orleans team is going to be pretty damn good next season, well at least on paper right now.

PG: Holiday

SG: Gordon / Evans

PF: Anderson
C  : Davis

#50 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

I think the Warriors are going to have to give up Barnes or Thompson to make a team willing to take on one of their expiring contracts.

They are going to get raped because everyone knows they are desperate since LA isn't willing to do a Sign and Trade.

http://espn.go.com/l...ard-sources-say

I'm seeing a package of Bogut, Barnes/Thomspon and a future first rounder. Then a deal with Jefferson and a future first just to get the cap space to get Howard. 

#51 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,969 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

The Golden State Warriors, increasingly convinced they have a legitimate shot at winning the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, have begun aggressively attempting to trade away players to clear the requisite salary-cap space to sign the All-Star center, according to sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking.

… sources say that the Warriors, in an effort to manufacture some financial flexibility to help their chances, have begun calling teams with salary-cap space to try to entice them to take expiring contracts off their books so they can clear a $20 million hole for Howard.

Such a scenario would be challenging, some executives have said, but not impossible. The Warriors have three huge expiring contracts in Andrew Bogut ($14 million), Richard Jefferson ($11 million) and Andris Biedrins ($9 million). According to sources, they have tried to offload all three players this week to cap-room teams.

#52 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

I  would love to take Biedrins expiring contract, but that would/could only happen if Henderson signed for $5,000,000 or less.

#53 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I  would love to take Biedrins expiring contract, but that would/could only happen if Henderson signed for $5,000,000 or less.

Would you take it on for just a future first rounder or would it take more? 

#54 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Would you take it on for just a future first rounder or would it take more? 

Yeah, I would send them a 2015 first rounder (lottery protected), I don't want to reward them too much for being able to get Howard...

#55 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,072 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Richard Jefferson for 11 million has to be the worst NBA contract out there...and there are a lot of them!

#56 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, I would send them a 2015 first rounder (lottery protected), I don't want to reward them too much for being able to get Howard...

No, they are offering future first round picks. lol That's how desperate they are to get rid of these contracts. Is that all it would take for you if you Owned the Bobcats? 

#57 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

That Biedrins contract might be worse...

GSW is paying nine million dollars to a man that averages 0.5ppg

Realistically, those are three of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Bogut is getting paid $14 million dollars to put up Bismack Biyombo numbers and Jefferson is getting paid $11 million dollars to average one made three pointer a game (3.1ppg).

#58 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

No, they are offering future first round picks. lol That's how desperate they are to get rid of these contracts. Is that all it would take for you if you Owned the Bobcats? 

My God, give me a 2015 first rounder and Biedrins and let's call it a deal.

#59 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

My God, give me a 2015 first rounder and Biedrins and let's call it a deal.

My thought's exactly. lol

Here's the tidbit on them offering first round picks in the deals from as far back as the trade deadline, they might be offering more now that they have a chance at Howard and are even more desperate. lol  The contracts are so horrible that teams have been turning that offer down and asking for Player, Pick and Barnes/Thompson. Which is why I say they'll have to end up giving one of those two guys up. 

http://espn.go.com/l...ard-sources-say

Sources say the Warriors have been willing to attach a future first-round pick to move one of their bad contracts since last February's trade deadline, but potential partners tend to ask for prized youngsters such as Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson -- two of the more attractive young players in the league -- when the subject of absorbing one of the Warriors' big contracts is broached.

#60 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

We couldn't really afford Barnes or Thompson, plus they will need those guys for the sign and trade... but I'd happily take that $9 million dollar expiring contract that Beidrins has and a 2015 first rounder... what does GSW want back? Cash considerations or something.

I guess you could pull Henderson's offer and make a trade for Barnes and Beidrins and play Harrison at the two. That would actually be better than keeping Henderson, because Barnes is on a cheaper contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users