#61 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

We couldn't really afford Barnes or Thompson, plus they will need those guys for the sign and trade... but I'd happily take that $9 million dollar expiring contract that Beidrins has and a 2015 first rounder... what does GSW want back? Cash considerations or something.

I haven't a clue as to what they want back, nothing maybe since they need to clear all of the cap space to afford Howard. The reason they are doing this is so that they don't have to do a sign and trade with LA. So if it takes giving up one of the guys for Howard then it's a good move if Howard does indeed sign with them.... If not = ouch. 

#62 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

I haven't a clue as to what they want back, nothing maybe since they need to clear all of the cap space to afford Howard. The reason they are doing this is so that they don't have to do a sign and trade with LA. So if it takes giving up one of the guys for Howard then it's a good move if Howard does indeed sign with them.... If not = ouch.

In that case, I would try to work out a deal for Harrison Barnes and Beidrins, and if both parties agree to a trade, just retract Henderson's QO. Barnes will only be on a three million dollar contract for next year, so we could easily afford both him and Beidrins, and when it's all said and done; we would have around $28 million dollars in cap room for the 2014 free agency class.

#63 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

In that case, I would try to work out a deal for Harrison Barnes and Beidrins, and if both parties agree to a trade, just retract Henderson's QO. Barnes will only be on a three million dollar contract for next year, so we could easily afford both him and Beidrins, and when it's all said and done; we would have around $28 million dollars in cap room for the 2014 free agency class.

Barnes starting at SG? I'd do it in a heartbeat, lol. Heck I'd even give up Portland's pick in to make it a first round swap plus Beidrins and Barnes. It gives the Bobcats 4 lottery pick players that have NBA experience plus puts them in really good shape for next off season. The lower pick helps with salary next season as well and gives the Bobcats more flexibility going into the first season as the Hornets. 

#64 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

If they would give up a first for beidrins. Do it, but they might want someone to take multiple contracts for a pick.

#65 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,056 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

No, they are offering future first round picks. lol That's how desperate they are to get rid of these contracts. Is that all it would take for you if you Owned the Bobcats?

Lol exactly.
Why would we be giving them 1st rounder(s)?
They should be giving us the pick(s)

#66 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Lol exactly.
Why would we be giving them 1st rounder(s)?
They should be giving us the pick(s)

You usually trade picks for expiring contracts... it's not a new concept.

#67 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,056 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Barnes starting at SG? I'd do it in a heartbeat, lol. Heck I'd even give up Portland's pick in to make it a first round swap plus Beidrins and Barnes. It gives the Bobcats 4 lottery pick players that have NBA experience plus puts them in really good shape for next off season. The lower pick helps with salary next season as well and gives the Bobcats more flexibility going into the first season as the Hornets.

Can I get an AMEN!

Give us Barnes, add another quality player, and say bye bye to the 2014 draft. I can live with that.

PG: Kemba
SG: Barnes
SF: Kidd-Gilchrist / Taylor
PF: Cody / Biz
C : Al Jefferson

That's hell of a lineup!

#68 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well Bonnell pretty much shot down the idea saying he doubt it happens... but it was a good overrall idea that the Huddle came up with and agreed upon.

#69 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,056 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

You usually trade picks for expiring contracts... it's not a new concept.

I know, but in this situation where a team is trying to move players to make a run at a big name they're the one who needs to package pick(s) with it.

#70 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

I know, but in this situation where a team is trying to move players to make a run at a big name they're the one who needs to package pick(s) with it.

Yeah, I didn't realize they weren't going to S&T route anymore.

It's an overall, very good idea. The Bobcats should definitely explore the idea.

It doesn't immediately make us better (which allows us a good draft pick), and it keeps us out of any cap issues that we might face in two years.

#71 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Well Bonnell pretty much shot down the idea saying he doubt it happens... but it was a good overrall idea that the Huddle came up with and agreed upon.

That sucks, I don't see why you wouldn't do it though. I really thought I had a genius Idea. lol

#72 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

That sucks, I don't see why you wouldn't do it though. I really thought I had a genius Idea. lol

I just ran some numbers, and there is no way we could take on Biedrins contract... it's simply wouldn't work. Even retracting Henderson's offer wouldn't allow us to take on his contract. It would put us over the salary cap and into the luxury tax by about $4,000,000.

#73 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I just ran some numbers, and there is no way we could take on Biedrins contract... it's simply wouldn't work. Even retracting Henderson's offer wouldn't allow us to take on his contract. It would put us over the salary cap and into the luxury tax by about $4,000,000.

I thought they had 13 million Counting Hendo's QO, but not Zeller's contract. If that's right they could take on both Barnes and Biedriens salary.  Zeller and Hendo's contract would cancel each other out and leave team around 13 million under the cap while they would be picking up only 12 million in salary from Golden State. 

#74 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think you're right, I may have ran them wrong.

#75 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Golden State is reportadly saying that they have found takers for Bogut, Jefferson and Biedrins. I wonder what they had to give up to get rid of each of them. Also being reported that the Lakers are now prepared to do a sign and trade involving Howard if they loose him in FA.

Hall of Fame writer Peter Vecsey, in the wake of ESPN.com's story about the Warriors' feverish attempts to create cap space, reported via his Twitter feed Thursday night that Golden State officials do believe that they have found trade destinations for Bogut, Jefferson and Biedrins should Howard choose Golden State and the Lakers refuse to engage them in sign-and-trade talks.

http://espn.go.com/l...ard-sources-say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users