#91 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Oh, and the losers of this offseason?

*drumroll*

The Utah Jazz... Man, have they undergone a roster overhaul!

#92 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

But they still have Kanter and Favors which is a really talented frontcourt plus a ton of cap room next year.

#93 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Yeah that's all I could figure, is that they're okay with letting Al And Milsap go because they're handing the keys over to the young guys. But, they took on Biedrins AND Richard Jefferson on top of that. Getting Trey Burke was a nice move but, I just don't think letting both your starters at the 4 and 5 is a good idea. From the times I've seen Kanter and Favors play, I didn't see anything special... I know they're both still really young but, still...

#94 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,667 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

Utah going after that number one pick?

#95 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Yeah that's all I could figure, is that they're okay with letting Al And Milsap go because they're handing the keys over to the young guys. But, they took on Biedrins AND Richard Jefferson on top of that. Getting Trey Burke was a nice move but, I just don't think letting both your starters at the 4 and 5 is a good idea. From the times I've seen Kanter and Favors play, I didn't see anything special... I know they're both still really young but, still...

They picked up $20 mil in expiring contracts, 2 first round picks, and they'll have Marvin Williams coming off the books next year.  They're in a great place to start a rebuilding process around Kanter/Favors/Hayward/Burke and they should have enough cap space to make a splash in free agency if they want to.

Calderon to the Mavs is a good deal for them.  Jose is a really underrated PG.  I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do much else this off season and try to make a splash next year.

#96 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,020 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

....but it is dumb to try to throw the season on people in the draft...who are projected to be stars!!

#97 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

OJ got 8 mill a year,but some were willing to give Henderson 10 mill a year?

#98 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

OJ got 8 mill a year,but some were willing to give Henderson 10 mill a year?

Exactly. But some people wanna believe stats.
Stats don't lie but it is deceiving. It don't tells everything. Hendo is worth no more than 6 mil.

Stats may be similar, but Mayo played with talented players throughout his career. Hendo been on the bobcats. Anything, you could argue that Hendo should have had better numbers.

#99 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm not sure. The Jazz is still a pretty good team. They could end up being like a Portland team last season where most people thought was going to be a bad team and surprised some of how good they actually were.

They have a very good core: Trey, Hayward, Favors, and Kanter. I think we'll still have a hard time playing them. Favors is a very underrated PF playing behind Al and Paul. Kanter has showed some promising game last season. Remember his 22 boards vs. us?

They're bad but not Sixers bad.

#100 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think about 10 teams are  playing just to lose for a top pick, I wouldn't be surprised now if the Cats make the playoffs with a terrible record.

#101 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

I think about 10 teams are playing just to lose for a top pick, I wouldn't be surprised now if the Cats make the playoffs with a terrible record.

I'm sure the Bobcats is one of those 10 teams playing to lose for a top pick. Cho ain't dumb.

#102 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm sure the Bobcats is one of those 10 teams playing to lose for a top pick. Cho ain't dumb.

I highly doubt we would have signed big Al

Having a new coach and Jefferson will probably win us 15+ more games from last season.

#103 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Even though Durant was in his 2nd season and Westbrook in his rookie year, lets remember that OKC only managed to win 23 games in the 08-09 season. That's with two of the best players in the NBA right now. What makes Charlotte fans so worried about us adding Al Jefferson? He's not going to come in and put us in the Playoffs.

Charlotte is still a young and inexperienced team. We'd be very lucky if we sneak in 30 wins. There are going to be more bad than good this upcoming season bc we're so young and haven't even learned how to win or put games away yet. If you're a Buzzcats fan, look forward to no less than a Top5 pick next season. We can talk about making the no8 seed in the East in 2014, but not now. That'd be wishful thinking.

#104 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

I highly doubt we would have signed big Al

Having a new coach and Jefferson will probably win us 15+ more games from last season.

We'd be lucky to win 5 more games with Al. We don't have enough talents on the team right now to even be a 30-35 wins team.

#105 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

• Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine

Mavs' post-Dwight interest in Bynum is legit. They ARE pursuing him. Yet it's been made clear they'll make detailed/careful evaluation first
10:08 AM - 6 Jul 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users