154 replies to this topic

#106 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Lots of teams seem to be tanking: Jazz, 76ers, Celtics, Magic (trying Oladipo at PG- wut), Kings (traded away Evans- got Vasquez, a decent player no doubt, in return), Bucks (seem content to let Ellis go, have yet to re-sign Brandon)

#107 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Lots of teams seem to be tanking: Jazz, 76ers, Celtics, Magic (trying Oladipo at PG- wut), Kings (traded away Evans- got Vasquez, a decent player no doubt, in return), Bucks (seem content to let Ellis go, have yet to re-sign Brandon)

Yea, but if you compare their rosters to ours you wouldn't be able to tell the differences. We're no better than they are.

#108 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

• The Pacers have reached an agreement on a two-year, $6.1 million deal to bring Copeland on board, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

#109 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Wojo reporting Josh Smith to Pistons

#110 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Didn't see that coming BTW

#111 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Wojo reporting Josh Smith to Pistons

Wow, that'd be something.

#112 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Josh Smith went from Atlanta to Detroit.  Lol, you can tell he's in it just to get paid (can't say I blame him).  He's not trying to win at all.

That Detroit team has some good young pieces, and that interior defense of theirs will be tough, but who on that team is going to stretch the floor?  Not really any outside shooters on that squad, so scoring is going to be tough for them.

#113 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

• The Pistons have reached out for the biggest name free agent left on the board and have agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal with Josh Smith, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. It’s not a surprise, the Pistons were in early with a hard push to get Smith, and that is the large contract he wanted. Atlanta never really made any effort to bring Smith back.

#114 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Josh Smith went from Atlanta to Detroit. Lol, you can tell he's in it just to get paid (can't say I blame him). He's not trying to win at all.
That Detroit team has some good young pieces, and that interior defense of theirs will be tough, but who on that team is going to stretch the floor? Not really any outside shooters on that squad, so scoring is going to be tough for them.

Stuckey is a pretty good SG.

This signing easily makes Detriot a strong Playoffs contender.

PG: Knight
SG: Stuckey
SF: Smith
PF: Monroe
C : Drummond

I believe they're better than Cleveland and Washington atm.

#115 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Stuckey is decent, but he's not a guy you really fear on the perimeter.  For his career, he's shooting 28% from the 3 point line.  His overall fg % isn't even all that great, as he is shooting 42%.  Shot 40% this past year.  Brandon Knight and KCP really the only ones on that squad who pose a threat with a jumper.

#116 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Stuckey is decent, but he's not a guy you really fear on the perimeter. For his career, he's shooting 28% from the 3 point line. His overall fg % isn't even all that great, as he is shooting 42%. Shot 40% this past year. Brandon Knight and KCP really the only ones on that squad who pose a threat with a jumper.

Exactly. I forgot all about KCP too. He's supposed to be a very good shooter. Could def help this team coming off the bench as the 6th man. I'd be dissapointed to not see Detriot in the Post season if they stays healthy.

#117 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Exactly. I forgot all about KCP too. He's supposed to be a very good shooter. Could def help this team coming off the bench as the 6th man. I'd be dissapointed to not see Detriot in the Post season if they stays healthy.

Yea, I expect Detroit to compete for a playoff spot.  How do you feel Boston will do next year?

#118 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Yea, I expect Detroit to compete for a playoff spot. How do you feel Boston will do next year?

I believe that they're gonna be a lottery team with or without Rondo. Probably at 20-25 wins team. But, if they keep Rondo I think that they are still going to be able to compete each night. They have a very good core: Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Green, Wallace, Humphries, etc. Just lacking a true Center. We (Buzzcats) are no much better than they are imo.

#119 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

The best thing about the Josh Smith signing is that it probably guarantees the Buzzcats will have st least one first round pick next season. Just a matter of how low a pick.

#120 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,507 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

The best thing about the Josh Smith signing is that it probably guarantees the Buzzcats will have st least one first round pick next season. Just a matter of how low a pick.

I expect they get both Portland and Detroit's picks next draft. Should have 3 picks in the top 16 or so. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users