apologies in advance for re-opening this debate, but i came across the actual complaint filed with chatham county superior court regarding paula dean's use of the N-word, and it seems we're only looking at a very small segment of the actual allegations. i don't advocate dropping the judgement hammer until we see how the case turns out (disgruntled employees have said worse things to get a settlement out of it) but if true, wow. she is never coming back.
there's a bunch of stuff about bubba basically acting like forum poster boonestownme that's entertaining, but here's the real meat of it:
- Paula Deen, while planning her brother’s wedding in 2007, was asked what look the wedding should have. She replied, “I want a true southern plantation-style wedding.” When asked what type of uniforms the servers should wear, Paula stated, “well what I would really like is a bunch of little n*ggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around;
- Black staff had to use the back entrance to enter and leave restaurant;
- Black staff could only use one bathroom;
- Black staff couldn’t work the front of the restaurants;
- Brother Bubba stated his wishes: “ I wish I could put all those n*ggers in the kitchen on a boat to Africa”;
- Bubba asked a black driver and security guard “don’t you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? You just look dirty; I bet you wish you could.” The guy told Bubba he was fine as is;
- Bubba on President Obama: they should send him to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could n*gger-rig it;
- He shook an employee (Black again) and said” F your civil rights…you work for me and my sister Paula Deen;
- Paula’s son Jaime’s best friend managed the Lady & Sons restaurant. He threatened to fire all the ‘Monkeys’ in the kitchen. When Paula found out…she slapped him on the wrist and suggested that the employee visited Paula’s $13,000,000 mansion so he felt special and could be massaged.
if this is the case, then the media is vastly underplaying this, not overplaying it "to start race wars" like the fox news crowd is insisting. and it also explains why companies are dropping her left and right.