#1 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-170905278.html

Player A: 3,869 yards, 19 TD, 12 INT, 57.7 completion percentage, 8.0 yards per attempt, 86.2 rating

Player B: 4,374 yards, 23 TD, 18 INT, 54.1 completion percentage, 7.0 yards per attempt, 76.5 rating

Player A is obviously Newton. Player B is Andrew Luck, who has gotten a lot more pats on the back this offseason than Newton. Luck (who is great is his own right) had 142 more passing attempts, but Newton was much more efficient throwing the ball.

Player A: 127 attempts, 741 yards, eight touchdowns

Player B: 120 attempts, 815 yards, seven touchdowns

Player B might have been a touch better, but it's pretty close. Player A is Cam Newton, Player B isRobert Griffin III. And we all know which of those two is getting more praise this offseason.

So Newton had what amounts to a seven-game sophomore slump. In the last nine games he had a better quarterback rating than players like Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning and Matthew Stafford had in 2012. 

#2 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Cam Newton is talented however he is not humble and does not handle any I say again any type of adversity very well. The reason he is talked about and always under the microscope is because he is immature, and has no leadership ability because of his attitude. He is self centered and only thinks about himself, this is evident in his endless celebrations when his team is losing, come on superman really when you are losing. He brings all this criticism on himself, so you the writer and anyone else who thinks he is the man can give him a free pass all day long. He is not a great player right now and will not be until he grows up and embraces the team concept and not the me first concept.

#3 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,421 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Just win

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Cam Newton is talented however he is not humble and does not handle any I say again any type of adversity very well. The reason he is talked about and always under the microscope is because he is immature, and has no leadership ability because of his attitude. He is self centered and only thinks about himself, this is evident in his endless celebrations when his team is losing, come on superman really when you are losing. He brings all this criticism on himself, so you the writer and anyone else who thinks he is the man can give him a free pass all day long. He is not a great player right now and will not be until he grows up and embraces the team concept and not the me first concept.

6dc0f408.jpg

#5 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

pinhead-serious-meme-generator-not-sure-

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,404 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

That comments section is already beginning to get littered with negative commentary, shocker. Fans are just going to have to accept that there will be many people who no matter what just simply will not like him, probably ever.

Consider the general opinion and mood of this board before we drafted him. Now tell me how surprised you are at the literal hatred he seems to get from fans outside of and even inside Carolina. If you are, you weren't watching.

#7 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

oh god, the author called him great

batten down the hatches it's going to get ugly in the comments

#8 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Just win.  If we're winning, the media will be right back on his nuts like they were his rookie season.  During his rookie season when he was putting up mind boggling numbers for a rookie, they couldn't get enough of the Cammy Cam juice.  When that didn't translate to wins in his second season, all of a sudden Cam was a bad apple.  If it translates into wins in year three, they'll be right back on the Cammy Cam juice.  Rookie QBs can get love based on stats alone, after that it's all about the W-L column.

#9 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Ronnie P?

#10 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Crack kills.

#11 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

I love the guy who compares Cam's laptop issue in college with Paula Deen's current controversy.

#12 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,404 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

The media is irrelevant. They may hop back on board, but they will be waiting for a reason to trash him.

Best thing Cam can do, and from what I can tell he already does. Is ignore all this poo, and play football. 

#13 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

pinhead-serious-meme-generator-not-sure-

it was one of the comments on the article that made me chuckle.

#14 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

What is is they say about haters, and what they're gonna do?

#15 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

no quarterback that's actually worth a damn is actually "humble" when they're on the field.  maybe they're humble in the sense that they have a self-effacing, nose to the grindstone attitude when it comes to film study and work ethic (which cam has proven to have), but  such a concept runs counter to the desire to have the ball in your hands with the game on the line.

jake is revered for being an "aw shucks, i just want to help the team" type guy but you're crazy if you think he didn't walk on to the field against the rams or chargers with the game on the line believing that he was anything but a golden god who was about to face fug the opposing defense and rip out their guts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com