Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keeping Up With The Bobcats Salary Space

88 posts in this topic

Posted

Updated for those interested.

Posted

As accurate as you can get... (I just wanted to update this little thread with the correct info...)

With the signing of Jefferson and the amnestying of Tyrus Thomas...

- The Bobcats have a total salary of $45,226,112 wrapped up in: Al Jefferson, Ben Gordon, Ramon Sessions, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Gerald Henderson, Bismack Biyombo, Kemba Walker, Brendan Haywood, Jeff Adrien, and Jeff Taylor.

- They currently have $13,273,888 in cap space.

- We will assume that Gerald Henderson's final deal is valued at $9,267,424... tacking on another five million dollars to our total salary leaving us at a total salary of $50,226,112 wrapped up in the following players: Al Jefferson, Ben Gordon, Ramon Sessions, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Gerald Henderson, Bismack Biyombo, Kemba Walker, Brendan Haywood, Jeff Adrien, and Jeff Taylor.

- The Bobcats still need to sign Cody Zeller... we will value his deal at $3,894,240 (what Dion Waiters made last year), which brings the Bobcats total salary to $54,120,352 wrapped up in the following players: Al Jefferson, Ben Gordon, Ramon Sessions, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Gerald Henderson, Bismack Biyombo, Kemba Walker, Brendan Haywood, Jeff Adrien, and Jeff Taylor...

- This leaves the Bobcats with around $4,379,648 in cap space.

The Bobcats can increase this number to $5,295,747 with the release of Jeff Adrien and his non-guaranteed contract.

I'd be pretty upset if we gave Hendo a 9 mil contact after seeing JR's 4yr/24mil. And, I'm not compare Hendo to look at Evans or J.J. We'll clearly be overpaying Hendo at that price and he could very well become a "bad contract" in a year or two. At this time, Hendo isn't gaining much interest from other teams too.

Posted

I'd be pretty upset if we gave Hendo a 9 mil contact after seeing JR's 4yr/24mil. And, I'm not compare Hendo to look at Evans or J.J. We'll clearly be overpaying Hendo at that price and he could very well become a "bad contract" in a year or two. At this time, Hendo isn't gaining much interest from other teams too.

J.R. took a pay cut to stay in New York, it was pretty well documented. You can't compare Hendo's contract to Smith's because Hendo won't be taking a pay cut to stay in Charlotte.

Posted

It's also incorrect that Hendo is not receiving interest. I've stated millions of times that RFA's will not start receiving interest until July 10th because that is the earliest that another team can offer them a contract. UFA's have the ability to agree on a contract way before RFA's, they just can't sign that contract until July 10th. This is also why you aren't seeing Pekovic's name very much either.

Posted

It's also incorrect that Hendo is not receiving interest. I've stated millions of times that RFA's will not start receiving interest until July 10th because that is the earliest that another team can offer them a contract. UFA's have the ability to agree on a contract way before RFA's, they just can't sign that contract until July 10th. This is also why you aren't seeing Pekovic's name very much either.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I just wouldn't throw a offer yet at Hendo unless other teams are really showing interests in signing him.

10 mil would be a ridiculous contract. 9 mil would mean that we put him on the same level as a Demar DeRozen. 8 mil would be ideally fair, and 7 would be great. 9 or above would be a bad contract in 2 years bc I can't see him as a long term answer on this team. Especially with the us having stability at PG, SF, PF, and Center that leaves SG as the most important position next season. SG is pretty much going to be address in the draft (Wiggins/Parker/Smart/Harrison). Unless you plan on paying 9 mil for a 6th man off the bench a year or two from now?

Posted

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I just wouldn't throw a offer yet at Hendo unless other teams are really showing interests in signing him.

10 mil would be a ridiculous contract. 9 mil would mean that we put him on the same level as a Demar DeRozen. 8 mil would be ideally fair, and 7 would be great. 9 or above would be a bad contract in 2 years bc I can't see him as a long term answer on this team. Especially with the us having stability at PG, SF, PF, and Center that leaves SG as the most important position next season. SG is pretty much going to be address in the draft (Wiggins/Parker/Smart/Harrison). Unless you plan on paying 9 mil for a 6th man off the bench a year or two from now?

Agreed, and right now his qualifying offer is only at $4.2 million. If he truly doesn't receive much interest and his contract stays relatively low, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bobcats sent an offer Tyler Hansbrough's way.

Posted

Nice work 8789!

Posted

I have no life lol... aka my family is out of town for the 4th... I might as well stay busy.

Posted

Sign a vet PG at the twilight of his career but can still get it down.

Posted

Sign a vet PG at the twilight of his career but can still get it down.

C.J. Watson, Shaun Livingston, Mike James, Keyon Dooling, Pablo Prigioni, Derek Fisher, Royal Ivey, Sebastian Telfair, Earl Watson, and Jannero Pargo are the guys that you are looking at...

Posted

I have no life lol... aka my family is out of town for the 4th... I might as well stay busy.

Ok really enjoy this thread so im glad you got time on your hands. 

WIth the way Cho is staggering contracts, I think we will be with the same team through 2016 + draft picks. We might pick up mid lvl Ramon Sessions type players, but with Kemba and Biz on the horizon I feel like the FO will want to use Ben Gordon's money to try and pay for both Kemba and Sessions. Biz hasn't shown enough for a raise so he will probably be around the same $4m-6m range. 

In 2016 we can use Al's money for MKG and possibly Zeller. Overall, spend it while we can!

Minus

Ben Gordon $13k 

Ramon Sessions $5k 

Plus new contracts to Kemba and Biz

MKG Contract 

Al expires 

Posted

I wouldnt cut Adrien yet.