Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keeping Up With The Bobcats Salary Space

88 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I still don't understand how the heat can 3 players with max contracts which should take up over 75% of their entire salary yet they still have money to sign basically anyone they want.

We don't even have one max contract and yet we're basically broke.

Exactly!
And look up there in Brooklyn.

Posted · Report post

Can NBA players take pay cuts/restructures like in the NFL?

Posted · Report post

The Heat are over the luxury tax by a bunch, and are paying a lot of money to the league because of it.

It works for them because they are winning championships. If you aren't a very good team, you don't want to be over the luxury tax because you are paying extra to suck.

Posted · Report post

Can NBA players take pay cuts/restructures like in the NFL?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe they can... However, since the NBA features a soft cap (meaning you can go over the cap, but you have to pay extra to the league), no one is ever asked to.

Posted · Report post

Counting McRoberts new deal and Hendo's QO the Bobcats are over 57 million in salary.

Posted · Report post

Updated, and I made it more reader friendly for you guys.

Posted · Report post

The Bobcats can match any offer for Hendo up to 5.4 roughly before going into the luxury tax to retain him. Going to be funny to have a 26-35 win team that's in the luxury tax. 

Posted · Report post

The Bobcats can match any offer for Hendo up to 5.4 roughly before going into the luxury tax to retain him. Going to be funny to have a 26-35 win team that's in the luxury tax. 

Hey my number was $100,000 off from yours... at $57,303,875

I double checked everything, can you tell me how you got your number? I want to make sure I have the right number for the thread.

Posted · Report post

Um...I am going to go ahead and just bid one dollar Bob.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hey my number was $100,000 off from yours... at $57,303,875

I double checked everything, can you tell me how you got your number? I want to make sure I have the right number for the thread.

The difference is between the 57,296,451 number and yours is a total of 7,424 dollars. That's pretty close. 

Posted · Report post

The difference is between the 57,296,451 number and yours is a total of 7,424 dollars. That's pretty close.

True lol

Posted · Report post

Lol. I'm so ready for that Gordon contract to come off.
Anything more than 5.4, I say just let the man walk and play Gordon. We'd be in position to draft a replacement next year too.