Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

HR phone interview question. I broke my own rule of salary talk.

43 posts in this topic

This am the company sent me a huge document to fill out that includes consent for background check and drug test form. I'm not trying to count my chickens here but that has to be good no?

1 person likes this

round 2 of the phone interview went great. the hiring mgr told me she is putting my name in to have a face to face interview next week when she is in town.

this is all happening so fast i'm like so whats the catch? oh i'm suppose to wear a toga on casual friday's and eat from a trough?

did the face to face yesterday for 2 hrs with 3 dif people. the first mgr said the role you applied for i can tell based on talking to you and your background you would be bored. but this other consultant role I think you would love.

i'm gonna take that as a good sign. should find out next week. can be a game changer for the pstall clan if i land it.

drinks on me somewhere if it goes down baby.

2 people like this

Good for you man.

Pulling for you.

1 person likes this

I'm apparently being recruited also. I have my second phone interview today...or the formal phone interview.

It would be a side step with much more growth potential....I'm maxed for growth currently.

They mentioned a really strong comp package and I basically ignored the statement and continued asking them about how they run their comp.

2 people like this

It will be interesting.

I would be working for a boutique MSFT integrator. and running sales for 5 states...I've kind of enjoyed being on the manufacturing side of the house for the last 3 years. Resellers always have me wary.

It will be interesting.

I would be working for a boutique MSFT integrator. and running sales for 5 states...I've kind of enjoyed being on the manufacturing side of the house for the last 3 years. Resellers always have me wary.

Not sure exactly what you are saying here, but if you are saying that the middlemen make you nervous, I certainly understand why.

Basically....they are going to throw some serious $$$ at me and at goal it's ridiculous but I'm still hesitant. It's more Account Exec/direct sales vs Business Dev/CHannel Sales

Gotcha.

Do what's best for your family and your happiness, and you will be fine.

I am going to have to take a step down at some point, even if it means less $$ just because of personal happiness and stress level.

A nice perk of being in IT is that I don't have to negotiate pay.  Recruiters take care of that and they have every reason to press as high as possible.  I usually tell them I want about 10-15K more than I actually think I'll get.