#31 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,169 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Maybe I'm alone in this, but Rivera concerns me more than Shula. In regards to his clock management, use of timeouts, and crucial game time decisions. We all know his track record with this when the game is on the line...

#32 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thread title should be; "Shula's offense taking us to Superbowl"!

#33 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

If it weren't for the wife and her fugging Cuervo Gold I would be OK. 20 years of experimenting and it still comes back to that. Smells bad, tastes worse, and it never lets you know when you've had enough. Until its too late of course.

I grew up in Michigan, so being a Lions fan was a birth rite. There have been a few moments where it was all worthwhile. Just not very many.

Hellz, the Panthers have had more success in their short history than the Lions had in the whole time I have been a fan.

The good news is that both teams now actually have a QB that can get them where they want to go. I have waited a lifetime for this moment. I am going to enjoy it to the fullest.

My dream is a Lions vs Panthers NFC Championship game. I would pull for the Panthers, but either way, I am going to my 2nd Super Bowl. That is sad. Almost 50 years of being a fan, and 1 whole Super Bowl.

The Barry Sanders experience made it worthwhile for any football fan, regardless of team affiliation.

#34 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,266 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

The Barry Sanders experience made it worthwhile for any football fan, regardless of team affiliation.

Barry was the epitome of WTF. Every time he touched the ball you had to hold your breath.

To be honest. I equate Cam with Barry. They are both singular talents. Once in a generation type players.

I got lucky to witness Barry. I feel lucky to be on the ground floor for Cam. Two in one lifetime is more than one fan can imagine.

#35 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,266 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

Maybe I'm alone in this, but Rivera concerns me more than Shula. In regards to his clock management, use of timeouts, and crucial game time decisions. We all know his track record with this when the game is on the line...

We all know Rivera's track record. But then again, some of us believe he has the capability to learn and adapt. If so, things should get better.

It all comes down to perception. I, and a few others, believe in the possibility that coaches grow into the position. That having a great football mind, with a GM that concurs, can overcome previous mistakes.

IMO, Ron learns from every thing that happens. He will adapt to experiences, and learn how to deal with each and every dilemma that befalls him. He rarely makes the same mistake twice.

I see room for growth. It may be my optimism talking. But at this point in time. I would rather think positively about his ability to grow, than to believe he is stagnant and is unable to improve.

This is his third year. He really has just begun to learn the art of coaching. With his football mind, and Gettlemen's help, he should continue to improve as a head coach.

But then again, I thought Seifert was going to be the answer. So that shows what I know.

#36 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

We all know Rivera's track record. But then again, some of us believe he has the capability to learn and adapt. If so, things should get better.

It all comes down to perception. I, and a few others, believe in the possibility that coaches grow into the position. That having a great football mind, with a GM that concurs, can overcome previous mistakes.

IMO, Ron learns from every thing that happens. He will adapt to experiences, and learn how to deal with each and every dilemma that befalls him. He rarely makes the same mistake twice.

I see room for growth. It may be my optimism talking. But at this point in time. I would rather think positively about his ability to grow, than to believe he is stagnant and is unable to improve.

This is his third year. He really has just begun to learn the art of coaching. With his football mind, and Gettlemen's help, he should continue to improve as a head coach.

But then again, I thought Seifert was going to be the answer. So that shows what I know.

I was a whole lot better at my Job after doing it for a couple of years and I am in sales nothing as complex as being the HC of a football team. I personally give him some slack to grow into his job. I guess we will see though.

#37 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

I like the direction Shula is going with this offense.  Sounds like the players like it too. As I said in a post some time ago, in his first stint as OC....he was probably given that job too early and just because of his name.  That had to be a learning experience.  There are many coaches who have gotten a 2nd chance with the right opportunity who have become successful.  I am hoping this is Shula's time and I have a good feeling about it.

As for Rivera....he seems to be a guy willing to learn.  He now has a GM who is a football guy.  I believe he will be better this year.

This team will be in the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.