• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Would you be in favor for a law that gives free medical and prenatal care including short term disability to any woman that opts for adoption instead of abortion?

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,077 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Not "any" woman.  But, I would definitely be in support of providing it for those who did not have adequate coverage.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Would you be in favor for a law that gives free medical and prenatal care including short term disability to any woman that opts for adoption instead of abortion?

You are supposing that all abortions are a "service" to the poor women who just can't afford to raise a child.

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

You are supposing that all abortions are a "service" to the poor women who just can't afford to raise a child.

Not at all.

But a factor for ar least some women in the decision between abort or adopt is cost, isn't it?

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Not at all.

But a factor for ar least some women in the decision between abort or adopt is cost, isn't it?

I definitely think it is a factor.

One possible issue would be abuse of the program.....would some women get pregnant and give the child up for adoption to get the disability payout and free health care.  I don't know the answer to this, but it would not surprise me.

#6 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,924 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Go ahead and kill your kid if thats what you think is the right thing to do.  Not all conservatives are picketing outside of abortion clinics.

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

I agree with Hatter that such a plan would be easy to abuse, but yes I would generally agree to something like that.  It would certainly have the potential to reduce the number of abortions.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I agree with Hatter that such a plan would be easy to abuse, but yes I would generally agree to something like that. It would certainly have the potential to reduce the number of abortions.

Are saved lives worth a small amount of abuse and tax money?

#9 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Are saved lives worth a small amount of abuse and tax money?

Yes

#10 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

yeah there is going to be an epidemic of women getting pregnant and carrying to term only to give up their child for "free healthcare and disability"

there are people who post on this board who believe that elective abortion is one of the most outlandish, abhorrent, unjustifiable evils our society permits.  i can't speak for anyone else, but if i held that belief, i don't think "omg muh tax dollars!1  potential for marginal amounts of abuse!" would be much of a deterrent.

#11 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I would say yes almost always. One big question would be at how many weeks into the program would the woman lose her right to change her mind and keep the baby? At the onset? 20 weeks? And if she changes her mind, does all prenatal care cease? That alone raises all kinds of ethics questions.

There is such a huge list of potential parents wanting to adopt infants that demand overwhelms supply unless you can come up with 30k to go through a private agency and handpick your baby to be from a small list of pregnant moms in certain states. The one good thing that has come of that is the demand for children as increased the adoption rates of foster kids up to the age of 10 (once considered less desirable). Even teens without serious "issues" are seeing an uptick of getting adopted.

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

yeah there is going to be an epidemic of women getting pregnant and carrying to term only to give up their child for "free healthcare and disability"

there are people who post on this board who believe that elective abortion is one of the most outlandish, abhorrent, unjustifiable evils our society permits.  i can't speak for anyone else, but if i held that belief, i don't think "omg muh tax dollars!1  potential for marginal amounts of abuse!" would be much of a deterrent.

No one is saying that what you described would happen....so stop being so damn dramatic and over the top.

See Murph's comments/questions above.....the program would have a huge benefit, but woudl need to be well thought out and designed properly.  We are talking about parent's rights and that is always a touchy issue.

And....don't under estimate the ability and willingness for people to try and game/abuse any system which will provide them a financial benefit. 

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

We should offer free healthcare to all those who accept their Lord as their savior, too.

Is preventing people from eternal damnation not worth it?

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

We should offer free healthcare to all those who accept their Lord as their savior, too.

Is preventing people from eternal damnation not worth it?

It isn't an act.....you REALLY are that stupid.

Amazing

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

It isn't an act.....you REALLY are that stupid.

Amazing

http://www.carolinah...phic/?p=2275607

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.