The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Live-action Akira???

That's... that's just blasphemy!

They were pushing for Shia Lebuf to be "ahem" Akira..lol. havaakira!

Apparently it is cancelled and thank GOD! i cannot see it being justified and the story is not audience friendly. Also the Movies name would have to be changed since the star would not be Japanese....who would watch "Adam"

Here are some things but do a live action Akira Google search to see the already filmed, built sets and concepts.

Article about the movie.
http://www.animenews...owned-manhattan

It was cool to see some of Akira in the movie Looper with Bruce Willis. The whole evolutionary brain development and psychic energy made it incredible.

#93 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

I watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. It's definitely one of those movies where I need to see it again just to soak it all in. I really liked the action and thought the CGI was some of the best I've ever seen. Here's some random thoughts. 

- Charlie Hunnam wasn't nearly as bad as people say. It wasn't a memorable performance or anything but he did fine in the role. 

- The ending explosions on the ocean floor likely would have created a massive tsunami that would have killed thousands

- The middle of the movie really drug. It could have been paced a little better. 

- I was happy to see that the Jaegers didn't just destroy the monsters easily. I was pretty shocked that the monsters pretty much kicked their ass most of the time. 

- It didn't really feel high stakes like it should have at the end and the ending was also pretty cliche. The two main characters probably should have died.

#94 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Umm.. Spoiler alert?

#95 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

They were pushing for Shia Lebuf to be "ahem" Akira..lol. havaakira!

Apparently it is cancelled and thank GOD! i cannot see it being justified and the story is not audience friendly. Also the Movies name would have to be changed since the star would not be Japanese....who would watch "Adam"

Here are some things but do a live action Akira Google search to see the already filmed, built sets and concepts.

Article about the movie.
http://www.animenews...owned-manhattan

It was cool to see some of Akira in the movie Looper with Bruce Willis. The whole evolutionary brain development and psychic energy made it incredible.

As a huge fan of the original Akira I can honestly say I am happy that they cancelled what would have been a complete bastardization for that epic.

Hollywood needs the realize that they can make movies that are regional specific and still be a blockbuster internationally, there is a big enough fanbase for anime/manga that a proper live action Akira would do just fine if it was done proper and not what they had planned

#96 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

As a huge fan of the original Akira I can honestly say I am happy that they cancelled what would have been a complete bastardization for that epic.

Hollywood needs the realize that they can make movies that are regional specific and still be a blockbuster internationally, there is a big enough fanbase for anime/manga that a proper live action Akira would do just fine if it was done proper and not what they had planned

No doubt.. But all movies have to be made for the world market... Esp anything with a budget.

When I say have to... i mean that what all studios are focused on now?

#97 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

I bought the game last night on Xbox Live. I don't recommend anyone else doing that. I was expecting a full completed game but instead I got about 25% of the game and you have to keep paying to get the rest of it. You have to pay around $5 to unlock kaiju who are already in the fuging game and you have to pay $$$ to unlock customization options that are already in the game

#98 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Oh great movie BTW...a definite 3D experience.

The 12 year old version of me gives it 10/10 stars.

Now I will await the Shogun Warriors live action movie....where are all these development deals? Gaiking from Shougun Warriors was supposed to be in development.

Here is an OK(transformersih) teaser.

#99 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Just saw Pacific Rim today and loved it! So full of great cheese and set piece action! Fun movie that man-children need to check out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#100 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,333 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

On DVD! Got it on amazon instant in hd :)

#101 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Redbox?

#102 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

my bro and I used to have three of the big Shogun Warrior figures that would shoot stuff.  Cool as hell...can't wait for the movie.

#103 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Finally watched it today. I loved it. My wife didn't get it.

I hope this movie gets a boost from DVD sales so that it can become a franchise.

#104 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

I bought it today on Bluray for $10. Should look great.

#105 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

I Love having it at home. Great movie for the inner 8 year old in all of us. I'd love to see more BUT the film ended pretty squarely. Where did the story go? Or how do they make a second film that's not a repeat of the first?

Atlantic Rim? We see them fight through NY?

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.