Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers to ink Quintin Mikell?

404 posts in this topic

Posted

really been hoping for this signing for a while, thought it wouldn't happen with all the talk of him returning to st louis

Posted

Solid vet.  Would improve D instantly. Probably only 1 year but that gives us a little longer to address it for future.

Pick up a vet RG to compete with Hang/Kug and my hopes are achieved.

Posted

everything i've looked up has pointed to this guy being pretty damn good.

Posted

I'm in - especially if it lowers the chances of Nakamura seeing the field on defense

3 people like this

Posted

I just read stat wise he was the 5th best safety in the league last year

Posted

He's pretty good in Madden iirc.  Blood sugar Gettlemagic.

1 person likes this

Posted

This got my imagination going. If we do get him, who loses out? Besides Nakanotgotit? How many S do we keep? 3 CB and 5 S? I know Rivera loves having S that can do more than run support.

I can see 3S, 2CB, 2LB, and 4DL sets. Pressure and cover. It may be unorthodox, but I think I can live with that. Call it the Rivera cover 3.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, this would help the secondary A LOT.

Posted

yep. they guy knows his job and he's exactly what we need to help bring some level of respectability to this secondary.

it's also a very positive sign that gettleman ain't done fixing stuff. he knows where we're weak, and SS was one of those spots. he instantly becomes the starter. i don't see any guy on the roster taking that role over him.

3 people like this

Posted

He would be a good veteran pickup....

Posted

yep. they guy knows his job and he's exactly what we need to help bring some level of respectability to this secondary.

it's also a very positive sign that gettleman ain't done fixing stuff. he knows where we're weak, and SS was one of those spots. he instantly becomes the starter. i don't see any guy on the roster taking that role over him.

he will be our starter for sure if this deal is done. everything i've read about him was he was extremely football savvy, heady player.

Posted

The Cam effect in full bloom. A top rated player actually thinking about coming here. The players throughout the league see what we are doing. Even if the media has no clue.

I don't see this as one of those 1 year deals. If we get him, it probably will be a multi year deal. I can live with that.