• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#166 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

This thread made me sound like an old Herbal Essence commercial... "YES! YES! YESSSSSS!"

#167 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

This thread made me sound like an old Herbal Essence commercial... "YES! YES! YESSSSSS!"

I was more like this myself...

#168 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,015 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

Naka=cut
Robert Lester=PS
Mitchell= backup
DJ Campbell= Godfrey's backup
Colin Jones= Backup

I have a feeling Mikell and Mitchell will share snaps.

Ideally this is what I hope plays out.

For those who have a hard-on for Lester... i want him to succeed here but he was outmatched at the college level more than not. Are you guys just big Alabama fans?

He just had too many things to work on and Mitchell has played very well in his opportunities.

Tyvon Branch just has that 4.3 speed and quickly improved so Mitchell would be limited in PT with the raiders. I always have some BS player from the Raiders on my fantasy team.. Seen too many of their games.

Interesting analysis of Lester:

SUMMARY - Robert Lester does not have a natural NFL position and is unlikely to ever make a final roster. He is a slow-twitch athlete that looks stiff changing directions, and does not possess the acceleration needed to recover once beaten or close from off the ball. His poor speed and change of direction limits his effectiveness against faster TEs, making him a liability in all forms of coverage. Despite being an aggressive, physical run defender, he struggles to make plays on the boundary and looks physically maxed out at 220 lbs., making him very undersized for the LB position. While a 43 team could attempt to convert him to a WILL, his athletic limitations even for this position will likely make him a practice squad player.

#169 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:42 AM

i think lester battles colin jones or naka: i would bet on lester tbh.

Eh, I don't think we want to get rid of Colin, he has improved our ST coverage dramatically.

#170 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

Anybody remember when Ron Rivera was talking about running a Buffalo Nickel?  

Makes me wonder if he is planning to use more 3 Safety Sets with all these Safeties they keep adding.

#171 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Ideally this is what I hope plays out.

For those who have a hard-on for Lester... i want him to succeed here but he was outmatched at the college level more than not. Are you guys just big Alabama fans?

He just had too many things to work on and Mitchell has played very well in his opportunities.

Tyvon Branch just has that 4.3 speed and quickly improved so Mitchell would be limited in PT with the raiders. I always have some BS player from the Raiders on my fantasy team.. Seen too many of their games.

Interesting analysis of Lester:

SUMMARY - Robert Lester does not have a natural NFL position and is unlikely to ever make a final roster. He is a slow-twitch athlete that looks stiff changing directions, and does not possess the acceleration needed to recover once beaten or close from off the ball. His poor speed and change of direction limits his effectiveness against faster TEs, making him a liability in all forms of coverage. Despite being an aggressive, physical run defender, he struggles to make plays on the boundary and looks physically maxed out at 220 lbs., making him very undersized for the LB position. While a 43 team could attempt to convert him to a WILL, his athletic limitations even for this position will likely make him a practice squad player.

Nah we're just desperately optimistic because our safety situation has been so bad. Plus he was a 'top' UDFA whatever that means.

#172 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

So why haven't we had confirmation yet? I thought we don't usually let guys leave without signing. I get that he's a vet, its the most dead time of the season, and todays a holiday, but still! I don't want anyone to try and swoop in on us at the last minute or something.

#173 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

So why haven't we had confirmation yet? I thought we don't usually let guys leave without signing. I get that he's a vet, its the most dead time of the season, and todays a holiday, but still! I don't want anyone to try and swoop in on us at the last minute or something.

4th of July holiday.  Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

#174 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Ya I really want this to happen

#175 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,015 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

News will be bombarded by transactions on the 5th..and friday news cycle.

#176 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Isn't Mike Mitchell the Raider that was in our backfield pressuring Cam all game long?  Think he was also the one that was there when Cam had his little altercation with the ref if I'm not mistaken.

#177 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Isn't Mike Mitchell the Raider that was in our backfield pressuring Cam all game long? Think he was also the one that was there when Cam had his little altercation with the ref if I'm not mistaken.

Yep that's him

#178 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,024 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Going to rewatch the Raider, see what's up with Mitchell... Minter was absolutely entertaining to watch, solid player on & off the field....

Been doin a little research to back up my previously said statement, but the Q.Mikell signing would weigh in on my theory. We are going to be seeing some 46 defense, the constant pressure requires good safety play. The 46 was named that not because of 4 lineman & 6 LBs, but it was the safety's jersey number because Buddy Ryan couldn't remember players names.... I'm thinkin the proper adjective for the 2013 Panther Defense will be 'brutal'... 'Relentless' perhaps, but yous get my point...

Woohoo, drunken post is semi-intellligable...

#179 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

If the Panthers can sign Mikell and the buzzcats can sign Big Al in one day, i might just blow my load.

#180 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,644 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

When is this going to happen? I can't wait any longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com