#1 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Here is Phillys "smart buy" he bragged about after I pointed out I bought a George Rodrigue very limited edition poster for $750. A quick search shows one selling at auction a few months ago for $6k. This was his response!

here's a painting i bought in cambodia from a local artisan for $25. it's massive, almost five feet wide, and took actual talent to paint, and it looks good in my office and didn't cost me 5-6k to buy

in other words it was a smart buy

399518_10100145626570231_699826374_n.jpg

Well lets look at the resale market for original oil paintings from Cambodian artists painting temples!

A quick search on ebay. found these recent SOLD ITEMS.

Original Oil painting - CHECK
Local Cambodian artist - CHECK
Almost 5' wide (24" X 72") - CHECK
Ugly local cultural sunset scene - CHECK

SOLD PRICE IS..............$30

$T2eC16J,!y0E9s2S5)4KBRt8UrF-s!~~60_57.J

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

So lets see, paid $25, hauled back halfway across globe. Can sell for $30 and net $25.40 after ebay and paypal fees with current free listing special.

GEE, WHAT A SUPER SMART BUY, $.40 cents possible profit and you only have to haul across globe, take picture, list for sale, wrap up, ship out. Wow did I get shut down with my laughable couple thousands in appreciation from my dumb purchase.

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,959 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

You're like fuging Jeffery Loria!

#3 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Here is Phillys "smart buy" he bragged about after I pointed out I bought a George Rodrigue very limited edition poster for $750. A quick search shows one selling at auction a few months ago for $6k. This was his response!

Well lets look at the resale market for original oil paintings from Cambodian artists painting temples!

So lets see, paid $25, hauled back halfway across globe. Can sell for $30 and net $25.40 after ebay and paypal fees with current free listing special.

GEE, WHAT A SUPER SMART BUY, $.40 cents possible profit and you only have to haul across globe, take picture, list for sale, wrap up, ship out. Wow did I get shut down with my laughable couple thousands in appreciation from my dumb purchase.

It's a smart buy because he likes it.  It's also a smart buy because he isn't a frivolous spending idiot like you so $25 is a good deal for buying art you like.

You decorate your house based on how much something costs.

#4 Borat

Borat

Very Nice, I Like!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Much like your rapidly-depreciating Bentley, he bought something to use, not to resell.

#5 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 17,959 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

That picture you posted to demonstrate how awesome you are at art would cover your front lawn, twice.

#6 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

the meaning and the memories of that painting Philly bought far exceeds the $25 or anything else you stupid prick.

#7 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Much like your rapidly-depreciating Bentley, he bought something to use, not to resell.

I never used my rapidly depreciating Bentley in an economic appreciation argument, the "smart buy" was his response on an art appreciation/ investment argument where he is supposed to be showing the difference between my dumb buy and smart buy! Go read!

#8 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

the meaning and the memories of that painting Philly bought far exceeds the $25 or anything else you stupid prick.

Who cares, that wasn't the reason it was posted, he used it as an example of his "smart buy" to refute my dumb purchase. So don't change the context he posted it in trying to save him from looking stupid.

#9 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,734 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

you're fat

#10 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

That picture you posted to demonstrate how awesome you are at art would cover your front lawn, twice.

"Philly looks like ignorant moron, must change subject quick"

#11 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I found a few other Cambodian temple scenes for $30 too, Philly your the smartest buyer,

#12 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 17,959 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

"Philly looks like ignorant moron, must change subject quick"

Says the FEMA recipient that has started 30 separate threads in smack to change the subject.

#13 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,540 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Alice, I'm so, so sorry that you have Philly's cock down your throat so far all you can say is...  "but, but Philly B!!!"

Actually, I'm not really sorry at all... it's really funny.

#14 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

smart for what reason dickface?  not everything bought is bought as an investment?

did you buy your cars as an investment?  were they smart purchases based on the fact that you could have spent far less money on vehicles that would still do the same job?

#15 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,723 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

If you are spending less than a few grand on art you should spend it on pieces that speak to you or that you simply enjoy. Worrying about the resale values of these pieces isn't productive, chances are you would do better in the stock market with that money. Believe it or not, art's primary purpose is not investment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.