Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phillys "smart buy" investment artwork

267 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why is everything finances/value with you? )

Oh the irony

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

But the question is did you buy the painting because you thought it would look good in your house or because it was expensive ?

I'd guess the latter because it is a pretty ugly painting.

When he released the 7 prints to help with hurricane relief, from history of purchase and dealing with a Rodrigue for over a decade prior, we knew it would appreciate so my parent made their usual purchases. A few year later I got the FEMA print at the same they paid, $750. Since I moved into my new house, I have room for more paintings so I've been searching for Saints print and my parent sold all theirs long time ago. I got a email someone just listed one two days ago and immediately called and made deal for it, definitely made my week! Aside from both of these prints having great appreciation, they are stuff I personally lie that I want for my house decoration, so it's a win win.

Posted · Report post

i'm thinking the reason you're so pissy all the time is because your thighs are permachaffed

Oh look, it's the guy that said I didn't know jack about art and no way that print would sell for $20! You know what, you were somewhat right, I was off $4.60! LMFAO

Posted · Report post

Oh look, it's the guy that said I didn't know jack about art and no way that print would sell for $20! You know what, you were somewhat right, I was off $4.60! LMFAO

and if you think any of the "art" you linked is even comparable in value, you're colorblind and retarded

but i can already tell that from everything else you've posted

Posted · Report post

Regional art like that when revolving around a major event can appreciate quickly. I'm not a big fan of it, but it does have social relevance.

If anyone in Chatlotte is looking at local work check out the stuff by William Puckett. He has done some awesome murals in NoDa near my studio.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Congrats, you bought the New Orleans equivalent of Jim Booth's The Storm.

Posted · Report post

If you ever go to Amelie's in NoDa look at the mural out on the floor in the main area. Find the skeleton with the camera. That's me and where my studio used to be.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

If you ever go to Amelie's in NoDa look at the mural out on the floor in the main area. Find the skeleton with the camera. That's me and where my studio used to be.

When are you going to have a raffle to win a "photography assistant" position for one of you better bourdoir shoots?

Posted · Report post

Alice, I notice that unlike pretty much everything else (your weight, your possessions, your lifestyle), you've yet to even attempt to defend yourself against the "you're a virgin" attacks...
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Has anyone ever addressed the question with Alejandro about his Bentley possibly being a salvage title vehicle due to the flooding in the LA area?

I (think) you posted a pic of the title, with some stuff edited out, but I was just curious if it is a salvage titled vehicle. You can actually get a pretty good steal on some of those if you know what you're doing to fix it up/know someone who can.

I've seen Bentleys, Ferraris, etc. going in the low tens of thousands, depending on title state.

I'm not saying that this is the case for your Bentley at all, because it doesn't really matter to me as I am just genuinely curious...

I'm just saying that sometimes you can have lots of nice things on the surface that aren't so nice underneath it. (and yes, this is a philosophy lesson too)

Posted · Report post

When are you going to have a raffle to win a "photography assistant" position for one of you better bourdoir shoots?

Zod could roofie the chick and she'd still turn you down.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

it wasn't an investment. i wanted something nice for my office, and it was inexpensive. i don't intend to sell it, so its appreciation is irrelevant to me. my wife and i collect paintings from around the world as a way to commemorate our journeys; it is the fact that we can directly relate to the paintings (i bought this one after spending a month in southeast asia, exploring angkor wat, and doing volunteer work at an orphanage in phnom penh) that gives them meaning, not how much we spent on them.

i'm genuinely sorry you missed this life lesson in your formative years.

3 people like this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments