Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Jefferson Signs for 3 years, $40.5 million

127 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm thinking (hoping) this makes Kemba and MKG much better next year.

quote]

It's going to. Look for Kemba to have his best season and up his APG to 8. MKG, Biz, and Al is like peanut butter and jelly. Their going to gel. We now have two good bigs who can play in the post in Al and Cody.

Posted

But seriously, someone spell his name right before I go grammar Nazi on everyone.

Posted

He didn't even wait on D12 to sign. Not sure why he did this.

Posted

From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

Al Jefferson is heading to Charlotte on three-year deal worth estimated $41 million with opt out after Year 2, sources tell ESPN

— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 4, 2013

Posted

I'm guessing that behind the scenes people probably know which way Howard is leaning, but I'm not sure.

Jefferson gets to play here and make good money for a couple years and if he wants to leave after that there probably won't be other big men in the market (Howard, etc) so he can be the most wanted and get more money on his last big contract.

Posted

Ability to opt out after year 2.

Guess the offer yesterday was a 4-5 year deal with opting out in his last year. This deal gives him 14 mil for the first two year and he can see if he wants out still being 30.

Posted

Even with the addition of Jefferson, you also have to factor in the loss of Mullens. I don't see us winning 30 games next year, and I am fine with that. I think it will improve Kemba and MKG, and have Zeller focus on what he's best at with the P&R

We will have a top 6 pick next year, and who knows what Cho will do come the trade deadline or draft day. There is a lot of time before the 2014 draft.

So step away from the ledge, anybody who is clamoring about being out of the big names

Mullens? LMFAO

Posted

How much cap will we have after we amnesty TT?

Posted

Bobcats will amnesty TNT

Posted

Playoffs?

Posted

Anyone who doesn't have Bleacher Report Team Stream app, I highly urge y'all to have it. They does probably the fastest breaking news out there.

Posted

This is a good deal for the Bobcats and probably even better deal for Jefferson.

In all likely hood he will be option A on the offensive end. We have weak scorers that will start or play significant minutes which should mean more shots foe Jefferson.

Point being I wouldn't be shocked to see his ppg go up to @22 ppg. In two years he can opt out and possibly have even more value than he does now in free agency with improved statistics.

If his value doesn't rise in two years he still has @14 mill owed to him for a third year. It is a win win for both sides

Glad we got him he will make things so much easier for Kemba.