Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Should we draft another quarterback this year?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not to replace Cam by any stretch but DA is getting old and Pickles is useless. It seems a lot of clubs take one every few years, and we really need some one with kore Cams skill set as a back up. Personally I do not think we should take an upper round guy but I would be ok taking a project to develop.

#2 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I think they've been looking for a back up qb since last year. Knowing gettleman we will only draft one if the value is right for when we are drafting. Probably look for us grab one through FA next off season

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

No. If Cam goes down we are screwed anyways, might as well tank for better draft picks

#4 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,458 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

No. If Cam goes down we are screwed anyways, might as well tank for better draft picks

say that to kirk cousins.

thats the kind of backup we need. i want to win no matter how the season shapes up.

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,928 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Will still be way bigger needs, I think

#6 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

say that to kirk cousins.

thats the kind of backup we need. i want to win no matter how the season shapes up.

Exactly. I think Cousins is going to be a going to be a good quarterback. Also if we draft one that develops someone will give us something for him in the future vs a free agent that You know what you are gettting.

#7 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

depends on how the staff feels about DA.  chud was closely tied to him so with him out the rest of the staff might not like as much.  in todays NFL vets are generally suited to be backups because no prospective NFL pro wants to be known throughout their career as "Cam's backup".

even if we land a decent one in the draft, they wont stay past their rookie deal. theyll head off to compete for a starting spot.

#8 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hopefully we can keep Anderson as long as possible.

#9 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hopefully we can keep Anderson as long as possible.

I don't think he's going anywhere as long as we want him.  If he was going to leave it would have been this year with Chud to Cleveland I'd bet.   DA seems to be cool with being a backup, and smartly so.  Getting paid millions to hold a clipboard sounds pretty good to me. 

#10 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

depends on how the staff feels about DA. chud was closely tied to him so with him out the rest of the staff might not like as much. in todays NFL vets are generally suited to be backups because no prospective NFL pro wants to be known throughout their career as "Cam's backup".

even if we land a decent one in the draft, they wont stay past their rookie deal. theyll head off to compete for a starting spot.

I agreee with you that no young guy wants to be known as a career back up but new England has gotten picks out of the backups and will get something for Mallet and if the Redskins do not need Cousins long term they will get a lot of value in trade for a guy that came to them in the sixth.

#11 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

I was thinking about this just today.

We do have bigger needs in the draft, but if the value is right in the 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't mind it.

It'd be nice to have a cheap guy on the roster we can groom for a few years, but he'd have to be able

to come in and execute in case of Cam getting hurt (and that's bound to happen sooner or later).

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,960 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Armanti Edwards....

Sorry, couldn't resist haha

#13 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Clausen's in the last year of his contract, and he's probably going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start.  So yeah, we need a backup QB who can run the scout team, who's good in the locker room, and who can help the team prepare for their next game week in and week out. 

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Clausen's in the last year of his contract, and he's probably going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start.

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

#15 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Clausen's in the last year of his contract, and he's probably going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start.  So yeah, we need a backup QB who can run the scout team, who's good in the locker room, and who can help the team prepare for their next game week in and week out. 

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com