Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we draft another quarterback this year?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Clausen's in the last year of his contract, and he's probably going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start.  So yeah, we need a backup QB who can run the scout team, who's good in the locker room, and who can help the team prepare for their next game week in and week out. 

Posted · Report post

Clausen's in the last year of his contract, and he's probably going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start.

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

8 people like this

Posted · Report post

Clausen's in the last year of his contract, and he's probably going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start.  So yeah, we need a backup QB who can run the scout team, who's good in the locker room, and who can help the team prepare for their next game week in and week out. 

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

When is the draft?

Posted · Report post

I would like for Cam to have a solid backup when Anderson is done, but I don't see us drafting a QB. We have greater needs as we rebuild...

Posted · Report post

we have some good young guys in camp that are already better than clausen

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure we have the extra draft picks with so many needs but if the right quarterback were to fall in the later rounds I definitely wouldn't hate to see us pick a developmental quarterback and groom him for trade bait down the line.

Posted · Report post

I don't think he's going anywhere as long as we want him. If he was going to leave it would have been this year with Chud to Cleveland I'd bet. DA seems to be cool with being a backup, and smartly so. Getting paid millions to hold a clipboard sounds pretty good to me.

I do not know how much the fans would like him in Cleveland. Wasn't he the one that told the fans they do not deserve a winning team?

Posted · Report post

i'm comfortable with DA starting and winning games for us if necessary.

Posted · Report post

Hopefully we can keep Anderson as long as possible.

Nah, he's gone after this season. He would be in Cleveland now if it wasn't for his tweets and the NFLs tampering policy.

Posted · Report post

I am ok with Clausen since i think he is under rated.

And his girl friend is sooooooooo lovely.

Posted · Report post

I was thinking about this just today.

We do have bigger needs in the draft, but if the value is right in the 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't mind it.

It'd be nice to have a cheap guy on the roster we can groom for a few years, but he'd have to be able
to come in and execute in case of Cam getting hurt (and that's bound to happen sooner or later).

Shut your mouth boy.