Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Should we draft another quarterback this year?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

When is the draft?

#17 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I would like for Cam to have a solid backup when Anderson is done, but I don't see us drafting a QB. We have greater needs as we rebuild...

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,976 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

we have some good young guys in camp that are already better than clausen

#19 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm not sure we have the extra draft picks with so many needs but if the right quarterback were to fall in the later rounds I definitely wouldn't hate to see us pick a developmental quarterback and groom him for trade bait down the line.

#20 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

I don't think he's going anywhere as long as we want him. If he was going to leave it would have been this year with Chud to Cleveland I'd bet. DA seems to be cool with being a backup, and smartly so. Getting paid millions to hold a clipboard sounds pretty good to me.

I do not know how much the fans would like him in Cleveland. Wasn't he the one that told the fans they do not deserve a winning team?

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,774 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

i'm comfortable with DA starting and winning games for us if necessary.

#22 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hopefully we can keep Anderson as long as possible.

Nah, he's gone after this season. He would be in Cleveland now if it wasn't for his tweets and the NFLs tampering policy.

#23 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

I am ok with Clausen since i think he is under rated.

And his girl friend is sooooooooo lovely.

#24 Yasiel Puig

Yasiel Puig

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

I was thinking about this just today.

We do have bigger needs in the draft, but if the value is right in the 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't mind it.

It'd be nice to have a cheap guy on the roster we can groom for a few years, but he'd have to be able
to come in and execute in case of Cam getting hurt (and that's bound to happen sooner or later).

Shut your mouth boy.

#25 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

I agreee with you that no young guy wants to be known as a career back up but new England has gotten picks out of the backups and will get something for Mallet and if the Redskins do not need Cousins long term they will get a lot of value in trade for a guy that came to them in the sixth.

Still theres a chance those guys dont get any time to show off their skills during their rookie contract, look at Cam... noone hurting him....

Could as easily be Matt Flynn and you get nothing for him.

A good backup is essential, but we have other pressing needs.  We can get a good backup without giving up draft picks.

#26 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

A winning team looks to get better at all positions and no one person on the team should be indispensable to win - I think we should always looking at finding our next  quarterback as well as any other player we can upgrade. I believe thats Gettlemans philosophy.   And  We really dont know if Cam is going to want to stick around in Carolina after his rookie contract is up do we?

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

I fully ascribe to the Ron Wolfe philosophy.

#28 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,750 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

A winning team looks to get better at all positions and no one person on the team should be indispensable to win - I think we should always looking at finding our next  quarterback as well as any other player we can upgrade. I believe thats Gettlemans philosophy.   And  We really dont know if Cam is going to want to stick around in Carolina after his rookie contract is up do we?

Finding our next quarterback? We already have you useless chode. LOL you are such a pathetic troll.

tumblr_li41l1g9tz1qzrbk9o1_500.gif

#29 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

I think DA has shown he can play well when called on. If he doesnt come back then im ok with a free agency QB as opposed to through the draft. At least that way we know if they can actually play in this league.

#30 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Anderson is not that old, and I think they are hoping Cameron is decent so they can cut Clausen and keep him on the PS. To me, a third string QB is not going to win anyway, so use the position to mine gems. Cameron has all the makngs of an NFL backup qb.  Remember, there was a team, about 12 years ago, that had a franchise QB with about a 10-year deal who found a late round QB when they had other needs.  So, in the fifth round, with the 199th pick...

This past draft was excellent for takng a QB later and hoping he can develop.  Look at the fourth round this year. Nassib, Barkley, and Wilson.  I will bet that in 2 years, one or two will be starting.  If not, if they perform well, you can fetch a first or second rounder for him.  Would you trade a fourth rounder in 2013 for a first rounder in 2015?  I would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.