Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

103 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've been upset with our outcomes in the lottery drafts the last two years, but if the Lakers and/or Celtics makes Top5 next year I'm going to murder some people. ;)

Posted · Report post

A lot of Laker fans hate it when I said this last season, but the Lakers would be wise to rebuild and trade Kobe. Unlike the Bobcats they have pretty much unlimited money to spend and, well, it is LA so it wouldnt take them very long to do so. They don't need to tank but start moving older players that still have high value and accumulate youth and draft picks.

Ha, teeray of all people thinks Kobe should be traded and go away already? Who ever saw this coming!?

Posted · Report post

why would anyone want dwight howard?  I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

Posted · Report post

why would anyone want dwight howard? I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

No they didn't, they took away opportunities from Harden, who needs them to score.  Not to mention if they trade for Josh Smith they'll be getting a good defender, but a guy who instead of developing a post game is content to chuck threes at a low rate.  Is Howard an upgrade over Asik? Absolutely on the offensive end, but defensively it's a bit of a wash.  They also took a big hit to their bench when they were forced to let go of Delfino and Brooks.  Did they get better? Sure, but to say they got "much much better" is stretching a good bit.  They're still not good enough, or deep enough to get past OKC, SA, LAC, and possibly not even GSW if Bogut and Lee stay healthy and play to their potential....

Posted · Report post

Houston is going to be a contender. You tools laughed when they traded for harden, and most are laughing at this signing. Rondo and smith are next, followed by a ring.

Posted · Report post

They are not good enough to beat the Heat, Thunder, Pacers, Spurs, Clippers and possibly Spurs as currently constructed.  Adding Smith makes them worse offensively honestly, because he just chucks up threes at a very inefficient rate.  Rondo is a pipe dream for them, Celtics are trying to shed salary, not add it by paying Lin 15 million next year....

Posted · Report post

I'm glad Howard decided against going back to LA.  He's ok with me, now.  Wooh, that Southwest division is going to be tough to get out of.  There's a chance every team in that division could end up above .500, especially with the moves the Pelicans and Rockets have made.  I also expect Dallas to make some moves as well.

Posted · Report post

Yeah if this rumor holds true, the Rockets, even with Dwight as mentally soft as he is, are an automatic contender. If they get Josh Smith, they are a serious threat to win it all. It's gonna be hard to convince another team to take on Asik's contract though.

Posted · Report post

Asik's contract is fine, 8 million for two years for one of the best defensive centers in the NBA.  It's Lin's contract that is poison....

Posted · Report post

Houston will be a good team, but how good will they be even by adding Dwight? They have zero depth behind Harden, Parsons, and Dwight. I don't think that they will compete for a championship right away. They will be really good though and will win 50-55 games imo.