Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

103 posts in this topic

In a couple years after the Rockets get nowhere, Dwight will be doing this all over again.

As for the Lakers, I can't see the playoffs. Even if they somehow make it, they'll just get destroyed.

A lot of Laker fans hate it when I said this last season, but the Lakers would be wise to rebuild and trade Kobe. Unlike the Bobcats they have pretty much unlimited money to spend and, well, it is LA so it wouldnt take them very long to do so. They don't need to tank but start moving older players that still have high value and accumulate youth and draft picks.

I don't see the Lakers going far into the playoffs, but if everyone is healthy for the start of the season then they will make it. It really all hinges on Nash, Pau, and Kobe not only being healthy, but still being high quality players.

If the Lakers wants any chances of being a no8 seed they better make a run at a Monta Ellis or OJ Mayo. No way they make it with those three guys alone.

I've been upset with our outcomes in the lottery drafts the last two years, but if the Lakers and/or Celtics makes Top5 next year I'm going to murder some people. ;)

A lot of Laker fans hate it when I said this last season, but the Lakers would be wise to rebuild and trade Kobe. Unlike the Bobcats they have pretty much unlimited money to spend and, well, it is LA so it wouldnt take them very long to do so. They don't need to tank but start moving older players that still have high value and accumulate youth and draft picks.

Ha, teeray of all people thinks Kobe should be traded and go away already? Who ever saw this coming!?

why would anyone want dwight howard?  I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

why would anyone want dwight howard? I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

1 person likes this

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

No they didn't, they took away opportunities from Harden, who needs them to score.  Not to mention if they trade for Josh Smith they'll be getting a good defender, but a guy who instead of developing a post game is content to chuck threes at a low rate.  Is Howard an upgrade over Asik? Absolutely on the offensive end, but defensively it's a bit of a wash.  They also took a big hit to their bench when they were forced to let go of Delfino and Brooks.  Did they get better? Sure, but to say they got "much much better" is stretching a good bit.  They're still not good enough, or deep enough to get past OKC, SA, LAC, and possibly not even GSW if Bogut and Lee stay healthy and play to their potential....