#31 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Houston is going to be a contender. You tools laughed when they traded for harden, and most are laughing at this signing. Rondo and smith are next, followed by a ring.

#32 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

They are not good enough to beat the Heat, Thunder, Pacers, Spurs, Clippers and possibly Spurs as currently constructed.  Adding Smith makes them worse offensively honestly, because he just chucks up threes at a very inefficient rate.  Rondo is a pipe dream for them, Celtics are trying to shed salary, not add it by paying Lin 15 million next year....

#33 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,485 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm glad Howard decided against going back to LA.  He's ok with me, now.  Wooh, that Southwest division is going to be tough to get out of.  There's a chance every team in that division could end up above .500, especially with the moves the Pelicans and Rockets have made.  I also expect Dallas to make some moves as well.

#34 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,695 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Yeah if this rumor holds true, the Rockets, even with Dwight as mentally soft as he is, are an automatic contender. If they get Josh Smith, they are a serious threat to win it all. It's gonna be hard to convince another team to take on Asik's contract though.

#35 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Asik's contract is fine, 8 million for two years for one of the best defensive centers in the NBA.  It's Lin's contract that is poison....

#36 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Houston will be a good team, but how good will they be even by adding Dwight? They have zero depth behind Harden, Parsons, and Dwight. I don't think that they will compete for a championship right away. They will be really good though and will win 50-55 games imo.

#37 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's still not official though, and Dwight is flying to LA to meet with Mitch. He's probably just telling him face to face, but there was also a rumor out there that Dwight will give LA one last chance to get him to resign (presumably by firing MDA). I think it was started by Alex Kennedy and he said that his sources are "very very reliable". Still 99% sure that he goes to Houston though. Obviously I'd like him back, because he is an allstar C, but I really won't be all that upset if he does go to Houston... I don't think that LA fans really warmed up to him last season so there's really no sentimental value there.

#38 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

LeBron to the Lakers after next season to team up for Kobe's last year. win a championship, and take over for the new Showtime Lakers.

#39 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Also, I want to add, a team consisting of Harden, Parsons, and Chandler is a very, very strong team. The pick and roll that could be ran would be devastating, if D12 plays like he means it and doesn't slack off.

#40 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

LeBron isn't coming to the Lakers without Dwight Howard there.  He would have to wait another year to get a guy like Kevin Love to play with....

#41 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Oh snap

UPDATE: A source has told ESPN that Dwight Howard has "changed his mind." Howard has told Lakers he's now 50-50.

#42 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Breaking news on SportsCenter Dwight Howard is now 50/50.

LMAO!

Dwightmare won't end.

#43 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I don't think he'll wait that long. Kobe being there could honestly be just enough to entice him. I seriously doubt the cap space is going to be there. And definitely not the cap space to sign someone like Amare to go with them.

#44 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

We all know Lebron is going back to Cleveland next year.

I think GS should trade for Asik.  Bogut is good but you just cant count on him, and I think Asik fits in perfectly with their small ball lineup

Curry

Thompson

Igoudala

Barnes

Asik

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,810 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

This must be a joke. At this point he's just trolling.

I like him and think he's a very talented player, but this is just getting childish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users