TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

I like this tweet

“@NatePlay60: Dwight Howard expected to receive the same sentence as Aaron Hernandez after he kills a third NBA franchise.”

And this

“@TheFakeESPN: After mulling it over at length, Dwight Howard finally makes decision... chooses to get barbacoa in his Chipotle burrito.”

“@TheFakeESPN: ESPN scraps version of The Decision for Dwight Howard after only getting footage of him shrugging his shoulders.”

#62 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Asik and Lin are on the same contract. It averages at 8 million a season but the actual breakdown is 5 this season 11 the next. It is a bad contract in the final year for both guys but less so Asik because he doesn't completely suck.

Yeah I wasn't familiar with Asik's but I know when they signed Lin, I kept hearing the last year referred to as a "poison pill" of sorts.

#63 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

I just watched the SportsCenter live and apparently this was a mistake by the reporters. ESPN said Dwight never made a decision to sign with the Rockets and that both Houston/LA never received a answer from Dwight.

ESPN simply jumped the gun and made it breaking news. You can tell they made a mistake because the 3 insiders said Dwight never made a decision. It's to bad because they made Dwight look like a fool again. 

Poor Guy.

#64 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Lol, as I said...

UPDATE: apparently, in true D12 fashion, Howard's agent told Yahoo! Sports that he has not finalized his decision.

Exactly so where did the rumor come from that Dwight agreed to sign with Houston?

Even the Rockets GM said Dwight didn't give them a decision.

Some reporter just made Dwight look like a fool again. Sam Amico should be fired for releasing false info on another player.

Now Dwight will take another PR hit for being indecisive even though he never made a commitment to sign with Houston.

#65 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yep...Damn media making Dwight Howard look foolish....

MEDIAAAA!!! OBAMMMAAHHH! All conspire to make Dwight indicisive.

#66 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm not blaming Dwight for this one. It was all media.

When the original report came out, the Rocket's FO evens said that Dwight hadn't informed them of anything and neither had the Lakers. The media is trying to get the big scoop by using friend of a friend of Dwight's 2nd cousin as sources.

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

most annoying player in the NBA award

#68 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

My fault, I meant to mention Lin as well and for some reason I thought Asik's contract was in the double-digit millions per year. I remembered Lin signed a notoriously bad contract last year, which is why the Knicks didn't want to match... So, I'm sure they'll have a much harder time moving him. Asik's at 8M is a really good value, IMO but, I don't see the Hawks wanting him or Lin for some reason.

Asik and Lin are on the same contract. It averages at 8 million a season but the actual breakdown is 5 this season 11 the next. It is a bad contract in the final year for both guys but less so Asik because he doesn't completely suck.

If the Knicks/ Bulls matched the offers Houston made, they would have had that weird structure ($5 mil in seasons 1 and 2, $15 in 3).  But since they didnt match, Houston actually gets them on a normal contract at $8 mil/ year or so. 

I'm not really sure why, but its true

#69 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Finally fuging over....thank you God....

#70 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,481 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Regardless of if this was media made or not,
Dwight brought this on himself for the way he has acted since the fallout in Orlando.

#71 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

I just watched the SportsCenter live and apparently this was a mistake by the reporters. ESPN said Dwight never made a decision to sign with the Rockets and that both Houston/LA never received a answer from Dwight.

ESPN simply jumped the gun and made it breaking news. You can tell they made a mistake because the 3 insiders said Dwight never made a decision. It's to bad because they made Dwight look like a fool again.

Poor Guy.

ESPN also said or inferred that his inner circle are the ones that leaked he was signing with the Rockets, then his agent came out and said no decision had been made. Just as it was in Orlando, his advisors/close friends are apparently the problem.

And it was actually USA Today that broke the story. On Sportscenter, Broussard said the Houston thing was leaked because Dwight's people wanted to break the news on their own terms but it was made impossible because the amount of teams involved. I guess teams started leaking the news that he told them no and Dwight's people tried to leak the team before it got narrowed down for them.

#72 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Exactly so where did the rumor come from that Dwight agreed to sign with Houston?

Even the Rockets GM said Dwight didn't give them a decision.

Some reporter just made Dwight look like a fool again. Sam Amico should be fired for releasing false info on another player.

Now Dwight will take another PR hit for being indecisive even though he never made a commitment to sign with Houston.

The only reason Amico made the report is someone from Dwight's camp told him it was Houston.  Dwight has nobody to blame for this but himself and the people he lets into his decision making process....

#73 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,587 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I guess I just don't understand why people get so emotional about these things. Even if it wasn't the media's fault and he is trying to make a decision but changed his mind. I don't think that makes him a horrible person. It might make him.look foolish but between this and the irrational Lebron hate over the decision why do people get so worked up over this poo?

#74 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,481 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

So it's officially Houston now?

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'