• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#76 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

ESPN also said or inferred that his inner circle are the ones that leaked he was signing with the Rockets, then his agent came out and said no decision had been made. Just as it was in Orlando, his advisors/close friends are apparently the problem.

And it was actually USA Today that broke the story. On Sportscenter, Broussard said the Houston thing was leaked because Dwight's people wanted to break the news on their own terms but it was made impossible because the amount of teams involved. I guess teams started leaking the news that he told them no and Dwight's people tried to leak the team before it got narrowed down for them.

Yeah if I was Dwight I would hire a new team and agent.

#77 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Stephen A Smith has spoken Rockets it is!

#78 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I guess I just don't understand why people get so emotional about these things. Even if it wasn't the media's fault and he is trying to make a decision but changed his mind. I don't think that makes him a horrible person. It might make him.look foolish but between this and the irrational Lebron hate over the decision why do people get so worked up over this poo?

I've never understood the Lebron hate over "The Decision." Now, if people want to hate him forever because he signed with two other great players? Have at it. But, he actually did the hour-long special at the behest of his people, and he paid dearly for it in the court of public opinion, despite donating all the money from it to charity.

Dwight did himself in with the whole "isn't that right, Stan?" interview in which he got exposed for being a manipulative, fraudulent, wishy-washy biatch who was trying to get his coach fired even though he never planned on staying in Orlando anyway. He's done quite the job of cultivating himself into such an unlikeable person.

#79 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Lakers get top 3 pick next year.

Magic fans must be laughing their asses off tonight.

#80 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

And if you wanted to give Dwight the benefit of the doubt and say the media jumped the gun and said he was signing with the Rockets, when he didn't, so it wasn't his fault... We then have the "50-50" report, and then Dwight comes out himself and says he signing with the Rockets an hour later, lol.

#81 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

I've never understood the Lebron hate over "The Decision." Now, if people want to hate him forever because he signed with two other great players? Have at it. But, he actually did the hour-long special at the behest of his people, and he paid dearly for it in the court of public opinion, despite donating all the money from it to charity.

Dwight did himself in with the whole "isn't that right, Stan?" interview in which he got exposed for being a manipulative, fraudulent, wishy-washy biatch who was trying to get his coach fired even though he never planned on staying in Orlando anyway. He's done quite the job of cultivating himself into such an unlikeable person.

I think Dwight will be a changed man this year. To me he did what Lebron James did choose the best situation to win. He turned down 30 mil to leave the LA and the Lakers. People forget Dwight Howard was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA a couple of years ago. I think he knows the only way to repair his image is to win a championship. I think he will get back to being the dominant force he was in Orlando.

I'm picking Houston to win it all next year. 

#82 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Some of you folks are way over reacting about how the Lakers are going to be next year.  They're still a late lottery team at worst.

#83 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Nah he's not the worst human being on the planet, he just can't make up his mind.

Rapist/Murderer's are the worst people on the planet.

lol

#84 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think Dwight will be a changed man this year. To me he did what Lebron James did choose the best situation to win. He turned down 30 mil to leave the LA and the Lakers. People forget Dwight Howard was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA a couple of years ago. I think he knows the only way to repair his image is to win a championship. I think he will get back to being the dominant force he was in Orlando.

I'm picking Houston to win it all next year.

No doubt, they're going to be a contender out of the West, but he just needs to stay away from the media this year and play his game.

#85 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,439 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Dwight isn't going to change for Houston. When things get tough there, it will be the same story.

#86 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hope he signs a 1 year deal so we can do this again next year

#87 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I hope he signs a 1 year deal so we can do this again next year

Nope 10 day contract, he doesn't want to get too locked in anywhere.

Seriously though I wish the guy the best, despite all the crap the past few seasons I still think he is a great player and want him to succeed.

#88 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Kobe wins the internet!! 

Screen-Shot-2013-07-05-at-8.09.31-PM.png

#89 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm excited about what a healthy Kobe + Pau combo can do next season. Kobe had to literally force feed Dwight last season since he lacks a single post move. Kobe and Pau is still an elite duo imo. Obviously the defense will be poor next season though :/ 

#90 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Without looking, I'm assuming the Lakers don't have the room to go after Bynum? Not that they'd want to go back down that road but, definitely would be fun to follow lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users