• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

I was just thinking about this the other day but, remember when he was considering us last year? His reasoning was he wanted to end his career in his hometown, spend time with his family, and be able to have his kids see him play. Well, I can't remember where I heard it, but a couple of days ago they said he may return to Washington and play with the Wizards due to some interest on their behalf and he has some good ties within the organization there.

I assumed he was gong to retire after this season but, apparently he isn't. So, do you think we could OR should pursue him for this season to backup the 4 and the 3? I don't know if it's worth discussing though because I get the feeling that our FO feels like they gave him a chance last offseason and he didn't take it, so they're not going down that road again. I just think if its possible that it would be an ideal move for depth/chemistry.

Then again, according to this link, we have expressed interest in signing him again this offseason, although I don't recall hearing this anywhere else:
http://www.projectsp...ell-wright.html

The latest Spurs free agency rumors comes from Yahoo! Sports as they report San Antonio is interested in forwards Antawn Jamison and Dorell Wright.

Los Angeles Lakers free-agent forward Antawn Jamison had a cast removed from his surgically repaired left wrist Tuesday and is expected to be cleared to play in a month, a source said.

Jamison has received inquiries so far from Dallas, Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington, Brooklyn, San Antonio, Memphis and Utah, the source said.

What do you all think?

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,757 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

He would be a great guy to have as far as depth, experience, and overall ability to teach our young players.

I would take Jamison over Adrien all day.

I wonder what kind of money he is looking for.

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Agreed 8789. I'm guessing he'd be around the 3 mil range or lower... Jmo though.

Also, to everyone, I want to apologize in both retroactively and in advance for any typos on my behalf. I've been posting from my phone mostly over the last few weeks and auto-correct is a mf'er.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Would he really want to be the 3rd PF coming in on our team? I doubt it.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

No. I'm done talking about him during the offseason. Let it go. Just let it go.

#6 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

He is a great player and for what you pay for you get a lot out of him.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,757 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

He is a good enough scorer to play small forward and is an upgrade over Jeff Taylor, so there's that.

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Give the PT to the young guys. Fug the old guys who just want to make some extra cash. He should've came here last year.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

He is a good enough scorer to play small forward and is an upgrade over Jeff Taylor, so there's that.

Taylor could use the PT and is possibly a long term answer. We won't benefit anything from this. It's not like we're trying to win now anyway. AJ needs to go to a veteran team like the Spurs, not here.

#10 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

You definitely don't want Antawn Jamison at the SF spot. Trust me, I watched damn near every Lakers game last season and he is simply HORRIBLE at the 3. I mean defensively he is well below average at the 4, but at the 3 he is just completely horrible. However, he can help a team offensively, because he can get hot and hit a few threes here and there and is also exceptional at cutting to the basket.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,757 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm a UNC fan, so I'm very capable of what Jamison can and can't do...

Also, not to be a dick but Mike D'Antoni's teams have never been known for this thing called defense.

#12 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

I'm a UNC fan, so I'm very capable of what Jamison can and can't do...

Also, not to be a dick but Mike D'Antoni's teams have never been known for this thing called defense.

Jamison has never been anything more than an average defensive player at his very best, but he's awful now. It isn't just D'Antoni either lol. He's been awful on defense by every measure available for several years now. He would give a nice spark on offense though.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,757 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, if you sign Jamison; it's for offensive purposes, he leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive end.

#14 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

We gave him an offer to come last year. He chose to go to that shipwreck in LA instead. Fug him, and let him go finish his career in Was. We need to let the young guns develop anyway, and he'd take time away.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

^
^
^
Above