Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which LB's will be in our 3rd down package?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Kuechly is obviously a lock, but which LB beside him? It's my understanding Davis was really good in coverage last year, but at the same time, Jon was when he was healthy too.

Posted

Beason will back up Davis as long as he stays healthy....  

Posted

Beason will back up Davis as long as he stays healthy....  

If we are only fielding 2 Lbs (like in a Nickel formation) I really doubt Beason will on the field over Davis.  TD covers more ground, is better in pass coverage (he was drafted as a safety) and is a better pass rusher.  Him and Keuchly made a spectacular cover combo down that final stretch and were pretty much able to account for all the space a 3rd LB will normally pick up.  They both have absurd closing speed on the ball too.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't expect them to do this, nor would I be shocked if they did alternate between all 3 who comes off. Luke would always be the middle, Thomas would always be outside, and Jon can alternate between the two. We could do much worse than to have our DROY Mike LB backed up by a LB that went to the Pro Bowl also playing Mike.

Posted

Luke and TD for me

Posted

If we are only fielding 2 Lbs (like in a Nickel formation) I really doubt Beason will on the field over Davis.  TD covers more ground, is better in pass coverage (he was drafted as a safety) and is a better pass rusher.  Him and Keuchly made a spectacular cover combo down that final stretch and were pretty much able to account for all the space a 3rd LB will normally pick up.  They both have absurd closing speed on the ball too.

right, it's not even a question... 

Posted

right, it's not even a question... 

Oh my... I read ur comment before I had my coffee and my jumbled brain had it all wrong.  For some reason I thought u were saying Beason would 100% get the nod over TD.

*facepalm*

Posted

Luke and td until beason can prove otherwise. Than a rotation besides la renarde

Posted

TD is the fastest LB we have and Luke isnt far behind. We might have the best cover duo in football right now. Kuechly isnt as fast asTD but has fantastic instincts. Davis after 3 knee surgeries supposedly was still running sub 4.5 40s which is amazing.

Posted

FAIL, lol

Posted

FAIL, lol

?

Posted

?

You obviously did not comprehend his post hence the fail.