Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Jaworski thinks Cam Newton is the 18th best QB in football.

235 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Its Cam's year fellas.

Big things..
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

That's fair I guess. The first half of his season wasn't nearly as good as his second and the team didn't win a lot of games.

Another fuking Grits alt. Won't this kid ever get a life.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

who cares

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

he's always hated cam.  cam is easily top 15

Posted · Report post

Is this where we all get mad about Cam's spot on an arbitrary list again?

Posted · Report post

grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

First of all, Cam did not play that well in the first half of the season due to reasons including but not limited Chud's heavy use of the read option instead the traditional run game. But also, Cam was indecisive on most of those reads to be honest and held on to the ball for too long. He played lights out in the second half tho.

I wonder what the ranking is based on. It'll most likely be wins which to me is not entirely rational. Lets take an example of RG3. He threw for 3200yds and a total of 27 TD. Cam threw for 3869yd (on more attempts though) with 27 total TD. Both QBs have similar production (and we even beat the Redskins when we met) but somehow our TEAM could not make the playoffs. That should tell you wins are not necessarily a good metric to use to compare QBs because it is a TEAM effort.

Posted · Report post

Yes

Posted · Report post

Cam will only get the respect he deserves when the team wins 10 games and are NFC South Champions. Or at least get to the playoffs

No he won't. He'll still be Scam Newton and Vince Young 2.0/JaMarcus Russell 2.0 to those outside the Carolina fanbase.

Posted · Report post

I think 14-18 range is about right, I would like to see the whole list.  But I dont think Cam is a top 10 QB, he is in the middle of the pack.  

IMO, a lot of it has to do with what we have on offense and who we had as an OC.... I believe a lot of Cam's woes are growing pains, weak OL and no real #2 WR.....

Posted · Report post

Jaws is a genius, we are posting about him on a message board because of the way he rated the players and a lot of people here are going to watch it because of reading this thread.  Everyone except whoever's QB finishes number one will be butt hurt and talk about him even more.

Posted · Report post

I don't think so.

But it certainly is where those who make their hay whining about what others may post come in.

2 people like this