773 replies to this topic

#766 Wolfcop

Wolfcop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

On to the Gerald Henderson saga.

What is your gut feeling on how the Henderson situation will end up?

#767 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

What is your gut feeling on how the Henderson situation will end up?

To be honest, I don't know...

#768 Wolfcop

Wolfcop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Me either

#769 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Updated the OP for the last time this Summer League.

#770 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,054 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

It is tanking if you want to lose so you can go home.

I have no problem with MKG not playing but you have a rookie and a super raw big man that could use time on the court.

You are kidding...right?

The Summer League games are glorified practice sessions.  They are nothing more that a chance to coaches to take a look at players.,...and to give some college players their first tasste of professional ball.

The coaches saw what they needed to out of Zeller, Biyombo, MKG, Taylor, etc.  There was NOTHING more tat could have been gained from putting them back out on the floor.  They took the last few games to take a look at real fringe players.

I will assure you that no franchise cares whether they won that tourny or not.....it meant NOTHING.

#771 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

You are kidding...right?

The Summer League games are glorified practice sessions. They are nothing more that a chance to coaches to talke a look at players.,...and to give some college players their first tasste of professional ball.

The coaches saw what they needed to out of Zeller, Biyombo, MKG, Taylor, etc. There was NOTHING more tat could have been gained from putting them back out on the floor. They took the last few games to take a look at real fringe players.

I will assure you that no franchise cares whether they won that tourny or not.....it meant NOTHING.

If it means nothing, theny why were we the only team sitting out players? It clearly means something to PHX who has seven of their roster players there.

If they're glorified practice sessions then why are there announcers, referees, players etc... If you have to play, then "play to win the game".

I guess I just have a different perspective that everytime you compete, you should play to win.

#772 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,054 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

If it means nothing, theny why were we the only team sitting out players? It clearly means something to PHX who has seven of their roster players there.

If they're glorified practice sessions then why are there announcers, referees, players etc... If you have to play, then "play to win the game".

I guess I just have a different perspective that everytime you compete, you should play to win.

Most teams sat players and tanked games to go home early.

We as fans ALWAYS want our teams to win....even in preseason.  I am the same way.  I would have loved to have seen our best players there play and for us to win the whole thing.

But, I also understand the point of Summer League.  It is a chance for the coaches to take a look at fringe players.

#773 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,885 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Practice time is more important right now then those games. No need for someone to get hurt

#774 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Jeff Taylor and Cody Zeller were named to the All-NBA Summer League team with Jonas Valanciunas, John Henson, and Kent Bazemore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users