Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiger7_88

Colin Kaepernick to 49'ers fans: FU

Doesn't determine the type of person you are, but like it or not everybody is judged by their appearance, not just minorities.

true, but minorities get called negative names because the way they dress when that is the urban culture. in the 20s and 30s thugs wore suits but if you see a guy in a suit he is considered a business man.

I've liked Kap since his college days, and if we wouldn't have drafted Cam, he was my next choice for QB that year. That being said, he is quickly exposing himself to be a douche. Nothing wrong with a little cockiness, self-assurance, or arrogance even. But, he is approaching different levels of it, and it has nothing to do with the hat issue.

If you saw the little piece they did on him for Sportscenter, well, dude just posed nude for ESPN the mag and they basically did a whole segment around that. At one point, they follow him through the mall and show him talking to his friends and he says "so then I like pull my phone out and start like holding it up at them, like taking pictures of them and I'm like, see how you like it? Herpderpheh..." They also show him actually taking pics with some people, but, he says he was raised to not think anyone was any better or worse than him, so he doesn't get the attention.

Smh...

There my issue with him... People look up to you, whether they should or not is debatable, but they do. And while you complain about the attention, you go and pose nude for the biggest media source in sports? Way to lay low there Kap. It was extremely off putting to hear him say that about fans putting their phones in his face... I wouldn't want to be treated like a piece of meat either but, then again, I'm not posing for nude pics or seeking out media attention either so... Maybe he just needs to grow up. Like it or not Kap, it's your mantle to wear so, do it wisely. And people have called Cam immature? Lol...

As far as the hat, no biggie. Anyone with any style that wears fitteds, snapbacks, etc. usually have multiple teams to choose from to match what they may be wearing on any particular day. I have hats from all kinds of teams - NFL, NBA, MLB, and the only teams I will absolutely not wear are the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs obviously (although their creamsicle throwback snapback was tempting)... I let it be known what team I am married to and it has nothing to do with what hat I wear. But again, I'm not the starting QB for an NFL team, lol.

You do realize you just over reached and stereotyped right?

Statistics back me up though. For example, look at the gay marriage issue and the breakdown of those for and against it by age. Those on the older end tend to be against it, more young people tend to be for it. Same issue here. I mean take a quick poll asking about Kaeps tattoos/clothing. I'll wait, but i guarantee you the younger individuals polled will have less of an issue with his tattoos and dress.

As far as the hat, no biggie. Anyone with any style that wears fitteds, snapbacks, etc. usually have multiple teams to choose from to match what they may be wearing on any particular day. I have hats from all kinds of teams - NFL, NBA, MLB, and the only teams I will absolutely not wear are the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs obviously (although their creamsicle throwback snapback was tempting)... I let it be known what team I am married to and it has nothing to do with what hat I wear. But again, I'm not the starting QB for an NFL team, lol.

bold is the thing the old people do not understand. the urban style is about matching from head to toe, shoes to the hat. nobody cares what team you got on, its about matching up your shoes to your hat.

0.jpg

Harbaugh has to be unhappy about all this. Kaepernick is willfully putting a large target on his own back.

bold is the thing the old people do not understand. the urban style is about matching from head to toe, shoes to the hat. nobody cares what team you got on, its about matching up your shoes to your hat.

0.jpg

Yeah, I've always found it funny when people ask me if I'm from a specific city or if I'm a fan of a specific team because of the hat I have on - despite it matching the other things I have on that day, lol.

Harbaugh flipped the fug out on a reporter wearing a 9ers shirt, back when he was with the Chargers. I guarantee he does not like this.

Fashion statment or not, it is dumb. And the reaction to the criticism is worse. Kap is the face and the leader of the 49ers. He's following in the footsteps of HOFers. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Especially not just to look fashionable. Poo like this is ammo that WILL be used against him.

and your opinion is one that is ignorant since you think somebody is thug based on how they dress. the 2nd pic is Capone in a suit.

so I'm ignorant because my opinion doesn't match your opinion?  Too bad, so sad I suppose

it's only some that consider thug to be a racial term by the way...look up the webster's definition...

: a brutal ruffian or assassin

so yes...in my ignorant opinion of the word thug...Capone would be one

Perhaps not with all, but quite a few people the word "thug" has taken on a pretty obvious connotation in it's use describing athletes. Especially when you have individuals like MrTD roaming around here spouting off with it.

so I'm ignorant because my opinion doesn't match your opinion?  Too bad, so sad I suppose

it's only some that consider thug to be a racial term by the way...look up the webster's definition...

: a brutal ruffian or assassin

so yes...in my ignorant opinion of the word thug...Capone would be one

no, it is because you are basing your assumption on the way someone dresses.i put a pic of Capone up because he is a thug but dressed in suits. which means you cannot judge someone based on the way he is dressed.