Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin Kaepernick to 49'ers fans: FU

180 posts in this topic

Posted

Lighten up fellas. This is an effing game. Seriously, I don't want this sport to dip into soccer levels of fan-ism where riots ensue and fans kill each other for wearing different colors or because they can't accept losses.

Grow the F up. It's the off-season, and simply a game.

Don't think anyone is talking about the killing level.

It is about character, class and loyalty.  If you are the leader of a team.....and are paid....you should at least appear to be loyal to that team.  Fans are asked to pay a lot of money for tickets and merchandise for the team they love.  

I extend that obligation to any member of the team.  CJ wearing a Falcon's hat was wrong, IMO.

All that seems to mocks the fans.

All my life....if a company is paying me....I am loyal to them.  If I cannot be, I do not take their money. I have always worked for a hell of a lot less money than what any NFL player is getting.

4 people like this

Posted

Lighten up fellas. This is an effing game. Seriously, I don't want this sport to dip into soccer levels of fan-ism where riots ensue and fans kill each other for wearing different colors or because they can't accept losses.

Grow the F up. It's the off-season, and simply a game.

Who's getting all worked up over here? I mean I think it was a bad idea for Colin to wear a Dolphins cap, but on a scale of 1 to Aaron Hernadez this probably ranks as like a 1.2. It isn't that big of a deal, but it still wasn't right for all the reasons LadyPanther just outlined.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't think anyone is talking about the killing level.

It is about character, class and loyalty. If you are the leader of a team.....and are paid....you should at least appear to be loyal to that team. Fans are asked to pay a lot of money for tickets and merchandise for the team they love.

I extend that obligation to any member of the team. CJ wearing a Falcon's hat was wrong, IMO.

All that seems to mocks the fans.

All my life....if a company is paying me....I am loyal to them. If I cannot be, I do not take their money. I have always worked for a hell of a lot less money than what any NFL player is getting.

In my opinion, it's an absolute meaningless aspect to debate over. Just the fact that we fans are slamming players over their choice of 'attire' in the off-season is asinine. It's a waste of hot air, and there are better things to discuss than "OMGZ!!!! He's wearing a Charger shirt!!!! Why you disrespecting me bro?!" It would be an issue to me if say CJ were 'dunking' Falcon games, but he's not. Johnson has been a great player for us regardless of who he's a fan of at home. Charles has been nothing short but a professional on the field and a class act off of it (despite his jumbled twitter responses). So why do I care if he wears a Falcon hat? As long as he gives a 100% to the Panthers, he could buy Falcon memorabilia by the truck loads for all I care.

Here's the cold hard truth: No one is truly loyal in any profession if money is a factor.

So while no one is getting slaughtered here, it's still on par with fans trying to dictate a player's life. Sorry, but I won't be apart of that. We're mature, civilized men and women (I hope). I'm certain we wouldn't appreciate the criticism if the shoe were on the other foot.

Posted

so what is it....absolute meaningless aspect to debate over or worthy of three paragraphs of debate?

1 person likes this

Posted

Who's getting all worked up over here? I mean I think it was a bad idea for Colin to wear a Dolphins cap, but on a scale of 1 to Aaron Hernadez this probably ranks as like a 1.2. It isn't that big of a deal, but it still wasn't right for all the reasons LadyPanther just outlined.

I have a problem with because we're in no position to insult a player for what he likes to wear in the off-season. We forget that these individuals are fans of the sport too.

We're not Commies and/or Nazis, are we?

Posted

so what is it....absolute meaningless aspect to debate over or worthy of three paragraphs of debate?

I'm terribly sorry I'm expressive.

In summary: Dur... derp.

How's that?

1 person likes this

Posted

haha...I'm just rattling your chain bud....for me...I wear Seahawk gear to show I'm a Seahawk fan...I personally think it's stupid for a player to wear colors of any other team than his own.

1 person likes this

Posted

haha...I'm just rattling your chain bud....for me...I wear Seahawk gear to show I'm a Seahawk fan...I personally think it's stupid for a player to wear colors of any other team than his own.

I can see why many fans would be bothered by it (since we tangle with other fanbases during the season, and we're die-hard fans of our colors) but there's a limit. It almost feels like I'm in a street gang, at times, flashing my colors and logo to our rivals in public venues.

Posted

what the hell is going on in this thread

Posted

what the hell is going on in this thread

This.

I have a problem with because we're in no position to insult a player for what he likes to wear in the off-season. We forget that these individuals are fans of the sport too.

We're not Commies and/or Nazis, are we?

Posted

I challenge all of you guys who think this is ridiculous to wear that "special shirt" that your old girlfriend or ex-wife gave you for your current girlfriend or wife.

Tell her why it is so special to you and make sure you explain to her why she shouldn't care or make a big deal about it.

Even better, why don't you wear that cool wedding ring that you used to wear before your divorce?  I mean, you're not married anymore, right?  And that wedding ring was utterly awesome... looks GREAT.

I'm sure your current wife will be cool with it.

;)

5 people like this

Posted

Ah yes, Godwin's Law. My point still stands however.

Class, Character and Professionalism. All traits that Johnson has excelled at during his tenure with the Panthers.