Last one is hilarious.

#2 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

Funny to watch but I do not think I have enough balls to pull that.

#3 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Good demonstration of citizen's rights when it comes to probable cause at some types of checkpoints. 

http://www.flexyourr...at-checkpoints/

Still these officials are presumably attempting to protect all of us from potential threats. 

What moral obligation, if any, do we have as Americans to cooperate with those employed to protect us?  

If this type of behavior were to become more common what would be the impact? 

Note:  Anyone that has traveled outside the country knows it is not unusual for nations to require people to carry IDs and to present them when requested.  The NAZI comment is totally unnecessary and just makes the guy look ignorant. 

I find the stop and frisk issue of greater concern.

Here is the Flex Our Rights link for more information on this and other similar issues.

http://www.flexyourrights.org/

#4 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,924 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Wow mental chess with border patrol.  These guys are real renegades.

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,977 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

If they would just fuging cooperate there would be much less hassle and they could be out of there a lot faster. These people have a job whether you think it's right or not. Quit being fuging dicks and just cooperate and go on your way. damn

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Although it's true that a lot of police are in it for the power, they know that there is a responsibility not to abuse that power. They have a job to do, and in this case, it's to keep people like you and me from getting killed by drunk drivers etc.

Being an ass = usually something to hide. You are on a public highway operating a motor vehicle at the discretion of the state, and the police can make safety checks. This is like the Snowden version of traffic stops, manufactured and made to be something it really isn't by people desperate to prove something exists that really does not.

#7 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Although it's true that a lot of police are in it for the power, they know that there is a responsibility not to abuse that power. They have a job to do, and in this case, it's to keep people like you and me from getting killed by drunk drivers etc.

Being an ass = usually something to hide. You are on a public highway operating a motor vehicle at the discretion of the state, and the police can make safety checks. This is like the Snowden version of traffic stops, manufactured and made to be something it really isn't by people desperate to prove something exists that really does not.

No, it's not.  Their job is to enforce the law, and not infringe on your rights while doing so.

To the second point, no they can't.  They cannot make safety stops, only wildlife officers can do that, and I feel that is the biggest slap in the face out there.

No probable cause to stop your marine vessel, and can pretty much not be kept from going through it.

I hate their power grab.

#8 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,850 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

a lot of this isn't individual power grabs.

They are told to do a job, just like everyone here who is told to do a job.  They have families to feed too.  Start blaming the people who put these checkpoints into action, not the law enforcement officers specifically.

And most of these people that do it are complete pricks. The other one that was posted in the lounge i think, is how you should do it.

And the nazi Germany comparisons are just to get a rise out of people, be respectful.

#9 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,848 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

When I was backpacking through Europe in 2007, I was in Germany for maybe 10 minutes when 3 undercover German police approached me and the two guys I was with, asking to see our passports and wanting to know where we had been prior.

And the Germans are VERY sensitive to Nazi comparisons.

#10 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

fuging first world problems...

Lets turn the simple question "Are you an American citizen?" into some sort of political issue.  FML are these people so bored that they take their cameras out looking for these checkpoints so that they can win some internet points?

These people are not protecting freedom or uncovering injustice, they are just assholes.

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,850 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Lets turn the simple question "Are you an American citizen?" into some sort of political issue.  FML are these people so bored that they take their cameras out looking for these checkpoints so that they can win some internet points?

These people are not protecting freedom or uncovering injustice, they are just assholes.

I think the problem is when these checkpoints (specifically Immigration checkpoints) are in bordering states.

#12 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

I think the problem is when these checkpoints (specifically Immigration checkpoints) are in bordering states.

That doesn't change my opinion of this in the least.

We employ these men and women to do exactly what they are doing and Id bet good money that a tiny percentage of the individuals we saw had any say in where or how they would be spending their shift. They showed up to work and got told to go man gate 5 or take your car out to mile marker 65 and stop cars.  And if their job wasn't hard enough some dipshit thinks its fun to take their video camera out and give them a hard time.

I'm all for drawing a line and protecting our freedoms from overreaching government but there is a right way to do it and taping LEOs that are legitimately just doing their jobs isn't it.

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,850 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

That doesn't change my opinion of this in the least.

We employ these men and women to do exactly what they are doing and Id bet good money that a tiny percentage of the individuals we saw had any say in where or how they would be spending their shift. They showed up to work and got told to go man gate 5 or take your car out to mile marker 65 and stop cars.  And if their job wasn't hard enough some dipshit thinks its fun to take their video camera out and give them a hard time.

I'm all for drawing a line and protecting our freedoms from overreaching government but there is a right way to do it and taping LEOs that are legitimately just doing their jobs isn't it.

read my other post in this thread. i agree with you.

I was just stating that the problems arise when you have immigrant checkpoints in bordering states where officers have the power to discriminate. Does that mean that they will? I don't know, but problems can arise from that. 

#14 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

It's a question that you are not obligated to answer.  The LEO knows this, and is continuing to ask the question.

They know that they are breaking the law, but continue to do it anyway.

How would you handle them asking you if it's OK to search your car?  It would save time to just let them do it right???

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

http://wiki.answers...._a_traffic_stop

This may help a little.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.