Photo
- - - - -

DHP checkpoint refusals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

That doesn't change my opinion of this in the least.

We employ these men and women to do exactly what they are doing and Id bet good money that a tiny percentage of the individuals we saw had any say in where or how they would be spending their shift. They showed up to work and got told to go man gate 5 or take your car out to mile marker 65 and stop cars.  And if their job wasn't hard enough some dipshit thinks its fun to take their video camera out and give them a hard time.

I'm all for drawing a line and protecting our freedoms from overreaching government but there is a right way to do it and taping LEOs that are legitimately just doing their jobs isn't it.

read my other post in this thread. i agree with you.

I was just stating that the problems arise when you have immigrant checkpoints in bordering states where officers have the power to discriminate. Does that mean that they will? I don't know, but problems can arise from that. 

#14 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

fuging first world problems...

Lets turn the simple question "Are you an American citizen?" into some sort of political issue.  FML are these people so bored that they take their cameras out looking for these checkpoints so that they can win some internet points?

These people are not protecting freedom or uncovering injustice, they are just assholes.

It's a question that you are not obligated to answer.  The LEO knows this, and is continuing to ask the question.

They know that they are breaking the law, but continue to do it anyway.

How would you handle them asking you if it's OK to search your car?  It would save time to just let them do it right???

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

http://wiki.answers...._a_traffic_stop

This may help a little.

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:23 PM