87 replies to this topic

#76 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

If you are constantly holding up your camera/phone without taking it down (like you would taking pictures), they will get the idea and approach you.

Makes sense

#77 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Forgot to mention a couple of downtown restaurants:

Cribbs Kitchen -- excellent food and atmosphere; maybe a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Gourmet burgers, salads, other sandwiches, dinners (corner of West Main and Daniel Morgan)

Wild Wing Cafe -- corner of Church and Main on Morgan Square

Monsoon Noodle House -- on Morgan Square

Also on west side:

La Taverna -- authentic Italian

Olive Garden -- unauthentic Italian

Outback - steak

City Range - steak

Longhorn - steak

We have a lot of BBQ places, too.

Then, of course, in addition to the Beacon, there's Ike's Korner Grill and the NuWay -- greasy, delicious burgers; fresh-made fries, etc.

#78 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,544 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

For Anyone who wants tostay overnight- i would recommend getting up with Floppin so he can give you the best hotels, finest bars and late night establishments, random womens houses where you can smoke a joint, and last but not least, random parties in the middle of nowhere to go to and buy drugs. You gotta retell that story.

I'll be down probably 2 or 3 times per usual. August 7 is my bday and a morning practice so I will be there for that. As always ill be tweeting and posting pics for the thread. Unless my phone fails miserably like it has been lately.

Word of advice.....its really freaking hot. There is no shade. If you cant handle it, i suggest a portable fan, i got one from Target for super cheap, or just go to a morning/evening practice to try and beat the heat. Is almost impossible to get an autograph without pushing some kids to the ground. I got Smitty to sign my playoff Growl Towel a couple years ago but honestly it was probably because he thought i was a kid. You'd have better luck at the practice field.

Talked to the WFNZ guys at Trivia last night, they were talking abut going down but arent sure on the dates yet.

Man I cant wait.....its so close i can smell it!

Salty or Kurb...i know you both have little ones in the house....any chance you will be making it up this year?

#79 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

City Range - steak

The most ridiculously overpriced place for average food I've ever seen.  I don't know one person that's been there that thought it was worth the money.  I wouldn't recommend that to anyone coming down for training camp.

#80 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

The most ridiculously overpriced place for average food I've ever seen.  I don't know one person that's been there that thought it was worth the money.  I wouldn't recommend that to anyone coming down for training camp.

I'm not "recommending" anything ... just listing some choices.

#81 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm not "recommending" anything ... just listing some choices.

Never said you did.  I said I wouldn't recommend it.

#82 drew_drew422

drew_drew422

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hey guys,

My first year going to training camp will be this year and I was wondering is there seating around the practice fields? or if I need to bring my own?

#83 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Forgot to mention a couple of downtown restaurants:

Cribbs Kitchen -- excellent food and atmosphere; maybe a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Gourmet burgers, salads, other sandwiches, dinners (corner of West Main and Daniel Morgan)
Wild Wing Cafe -- corner of Church and Main on Morgan Square
Monsoon Noodle House -- on Morgan Square

Also on west side:

La Taverna -- authentic Italian
Olive Garden -- unauthentic Italian
Outback - steak
City Range - steak
Longhorn - steak

We have a lot of BBQ places, too.

Then, of course, in addition to the Beacon, there's Ike's Korner Grill and the NuWay -- greasy, delicious burgers; fresh-made fries, etc.

Olive Garden??!!! Do you think we are a bunch of millionaires or something?

#84 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,956 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

There is a Mellow Mushroom in Sparty? Nice.

If they have Magic Hat #9 on tap I am there!!

#85 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Question about the Saturday practice with Play 60? Will there still be a regular practice or is it going to be a kids day thing? I want to go down Saturday, but not if I'm just going to be looking at kids run around and play with the players.

#86 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Question about the Saturday practice with Play 60? Will there still be a regular practice or is it going to be a kids day thing? I want to go down Saturday, but not if I'm just going to be looking at kids run around and play with the players.

Nah...it's a regular ass practice with kids poo like before or after

#87 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,878 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

As a Miami city boy, I will bake (or buy them from Cracker Barrel) Hush Puppies in honor of training camp.

#closeenough

#88 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Play 60 is not interactive with Panthers players. It is held on the intramural field across from the practice fields.

Play 60 will be from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Practice is from 2:30 to 4:50 p.m., so part of it overlaps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com