19 replies to this topic

#16 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

1. Offensive play calling was absolutely awful at times last year. 

2. I think that Brandon Lafell is a pretty good wideout. He's got better every single year he's been here. 

3. RB isn't a problem and anyone who thinks it is doesn't know the Panthers very well. Chud was the problem with the running game.

#17 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

The games where our o-line was outmatched physically last season our offense looked almost as bad as it was under Pickles. This offense is not going to function if our o-line doesn't do a great job of opening rushing lanes. We don't have the experience at QB, or the speed at WR to make it work without the running game being very effective. We have two talented o-linemen in their prime, Kalil and Silatolu. Kalil is undersized and coming off a major injury, and Silatolu lacks experience. Piggy is every bit as bad as he catches sh!t here for being, and that's rare. He's amazingly slow pulling, and easy to knock off balance or out of the way altogether by quick or big DTs. Our o-line problems could lead to goose egg first halves and 10-13 garbage points second halves against teams with good run defense. It doesn't help that Stewart gets lower body injuries very easily. He can misstep on the field without being touched and be lost for weeks. Not to mention Williams is getting up there in age. But even having said that we're NOT two stars at the running back position. My god what an idiot.

I'm reluctant to say that we have the worst secondary in the NFL simply because I'm not familiar with all of the other secondaries. But I'm not going to fault any taking head for pointing out that the situation is bleak to put it mildly.

#18 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Is it just because he is a Panther that he will regress?

Acording to the talking heads... Yes.

Not only will he regress but he will regress because Cam didn't get voted captain and has a fake smile.

#19 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Acording to the talking heads... Yes.

Not only will he regress but he will regress because Cam didn't get voted captain and has a fake smile.

Lol. That fake smile thingy gets me every time. I mean really. A fake smile? C'mon man.

#20 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

It really blows my mind how our secondary gets trashed constantly, they ranked top 15 in yards allowed without Gamble but they will be our down fall for some reason. I swear this team gets the bs worse than any other team but nobody notices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com