245 replies to this topic

#1 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

I didn't see anyone post why there is a stop and frisk policy...

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1152838

All shooting victims are documented in hospitals. So unless white people are getting shot and just not going to the doctor, this is not a racially biased study.

It starts with a mother and father in the home engaged in the lives of their children.

There will never be enough money for schools and counselors to take the place of involved parents.

I believe I read 70% of Chicago inner city school students live in a single parent home, usually the mother. 70%. Thats just unreal. I can't imagine going through highschool and what an idiot I was without a dad to set me straight.

http://www.nbcnews.c...e/#.UZqcMJyhA08

http://datacenter.ki...gs.aspx?ind=107

look at Illinois...
Illinois scale.gif American Indian S Asian or Pacific Islander 10% list_dot_orange.gif Black or African American 74% list_dot_orange.gif Hispanic or Latino 37% list_dot_orange.gif Non-Hispanic White 22% list_dot_orange.gif Two or More Races 41% list_dot_orange.gif Total 34% list_dot_orange.gif

So 74% of black kids in Illinois do not have 2 parent homes. Don't you find that disturbing?

Is there a past incident in Florida of Hispanics rioting?

I know there was a black riot in st Petersburg in the 96 following a questionable death of a black guy with police involvement.

http://en.m.wikipedi...da_riot_of_1996

I lived near there at the time. It was huge news for quite a while and is still remembered.

Does anyone here think that's a valid argument?

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

It's not a stereotype if its a fact I believe is what you are trying to dispute.

But nice try, kid.

#3 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Okay, "it's not a racial stereotype when its a fact"

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Okay, "it's not a racial stereotype when its a fact"

Lol, keep reaching. Your threads are literally dick cheese. Enjoy.

#5 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

You said stereotyping. A stereotype based on race is racial stereotyping, not arguable.

I'll give you that one so theres no semantics bull.

so "is it a stereotype when its a fac"t?

#6 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

You said stereotyping. A stereotype based on race is racial stereotyping, not arguable.

I'll give you that one so theres no semantics bull.

so "is it a stereotype when its a fac"t?

Your persecution complex need feeding tonight?

:(

#7 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

We have your answer already, thank you.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,653 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

racism comes in when someone looks at the data sets listed above and blames them on a culture intrinsic to african-americans rather than on what sociologists refer to as a culture of poverty, which disproportionately affects african-americans

that's really all there is to be said

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

racism comes in when someone looks at the data sets listed above and blames them on a culture intrinsic to african-americans rather than on what sociologists refer to as a culture of poverty, which disproportionately affects african-americans

that's really all there is to be said

Agree. If one were to speak honestly he would need to acknowledge the same issues in the poor of other races as well.

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

We have your answer already, thank you.

Feel persecuted yet? Strange how you enjoy that.

#11 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Since the 1960s critics of culture of poverty explanations for the persistence of the underclasses have attempted to show that real world data do not fit Lewis' model (Goode and Eames, 1996). In 1974, anthropologist Carol Stack issued a critique of it, calling it "fatalistic" and noticing the way that believing in the idea of a culture of poverty does not describe the poor so much as it serves the interests of the rich. She writes, "The culture of poverty, as Hylan Lewis points out, has a fundamental political nature. The ideas matters most to political and scientific groups attempting to rationalize why some Americans have failed to make it in American society. It is, Lewis (1971) argues, 'an idea that people believe, want to believe, and perhaps need to believe.' They want to believe that raising the income of the poor would not change their life styles or values, but merely funnel greater sums of money into bottomless, self-destructing pits." [2]

Thus, she demonstrates the way that political interests to keep the wages of the poor low create a climate in which it is politically convenient to buy into the idea of culture of poverty (Stack 1974). In sociology and anthropology, the concept created a backlash, pushing scholars to look to structures rather than "blaming-the-victim" (Bourgois, 2001). Since the late '90s, the culture of poverty has witnessed a resurgence in the social sciences, although most scholars now reject the notion of a monolithic and unchanging culture of poverty and attribute destructive attitudes and behavior not to inherent moral character but to sustained racism and isolation (Small M.L., Harding D.J., Lamont M., 2010).

culture of poverty is victim blaming and the idea that differences in achievement across races can be attributed solely to the effects of economic inequality ignores the effects of racism

#12 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

it's really a way of rationalizing the negative effects of capitalism through color-blind glasses

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,951 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

culture of poverty is victim blaming and the idea that differences in achievement across races can be attributed solely to the effects of economic inequality ignores the effects of racism

Your self pity and constant deflect of ANY personal responsibility is actually downright amazing.

Much easier to blame everyone else than it is to look in the mirror and admit that much of the blame is staring straight back at you.

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Your self pity and constant deflect of ANY personal responsibility is actually downright amazing.

Much easier to blame everyone else than it is to look in the mirror and admit that much of the blame is staring straight back at you.

It's the blanket assumptions on both ends of the issue that are the problem IMO.

"Poor people will alway be poor because they are shitty at being middle class or w/e" is just as harmful as "Poor people will always be poor because the system won't allow them to succeed. The rich hold them down..etc"

Removing the actions by the Powers that Be that indeed to keep people "down" AND removing the commentary that "If you are poor you the climb up is SOOO Hard you need to be hand fed everything"  both need to happen and in a serious way for there to ever be any real equality. 

it's really a way of rationalizing the negative effects of capitalism through color-blind glasses

Seems to me it's more Class Blind Glasses

As for the OP.

Is any comment that is unfavorable about a minority group racist?

If its a statistical fact that there are more single Black mothers than any other race group why is it a bad thing to have commentary on that issue?

If a high number of the Hispanic population are illegals, why is it a bad thing to have commentary on that issue?

If we would be more apt to identify as Americans than Whites or African Americans, or w/e a ton of this poo would start dissolving away. Media and Government want to keep us "masses" bickering about our differences, harping on our deficiencies and generally in-fighting so they can continue raping us financially and emotionally.

#15 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Don't mind him, he was just digging for his daily dose is persecution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.